~Chapter 11~

No One's POV:

After Shae's late arrival, everyone begins consuming the delicious selection of food set out before them. With the room shrouded in silence, the only thing that can be heard is the scraping of cutlery and the distant sound of chewing. Although Laita stares at her food with a look of sorrow, her eyebrows knitted together in deep thought and her hands resting uselessly in her lap, clenched together tightly.

Aya notices the lack of movement from beside her and lightly elbows Laita out of her tormenting trance, causing them to lock eyes. Aya beckons Laita to eat by flicking her eyes between her food and her glossy neon eyes, while Laita returns the gesture by sighing quietly and looking back sadly at her untouched meal. Aya continues to devour her own food civilly, harshly tapping her food against Laita's shin and causing her to flinch and yelp on impact, while glaring back at Aya viciously. Obeying her sister's wishes, she consumes most of the food on her plate without anymore hesitation, which Aya watches her with satisfaction.

After everyone has successfully finished off their dinner, Reiji dismisses everyone from the monthly dinner party and they all return to their assigned rooms discreetly.

Shae's POV:

Removing my flats and socks, I place them carelessly beside my suitcase and slide into Shu's comfortable bed adorned with dark navy sheets and pillows. Curling up on one side, I snuggle comfortably into the sheets and roll the comforter up to my shoulders. The earbuds still resting in my ears continue to play soft classical melodies, which help calm my mind. My warmth immediately spreads across the bed, as I slowly drift off to sleep, until a soft shuffling cuts through the silence.

The shuffling gets closer to the other side of the bed and I feel the bed shift under someone's weight. The presence behind me begins edging closer, as I feel a slender, ice cold hand slither around my body and tightly grasp my waist while pulling me into a well built chest. Then a pointy, soft noise buries itself in my hair and drags through all the curls and tangles, inhaling my intoxicating scent. Knowing already that it's the sleepy ass, I relax under his soothing touch.

Hugging my body closer to his, my warmth encircles his cold skin to which we both sigh tiredly in content.

Although I underestimated his motives, and my eyes snap open wide when I feel two piercing needles in my neck. Strangely enough though, the action is so gently executed that I barely feel any pain at all, but I can still feel him draining the juices from my shoulder.

"Am I some sort of midnight snack?" I inquire, now fully awake.

"I would call it more of a craving" He mumbles out, although I don't know how when his mouth connected with my skin.

Of course, I guess that's all it ever is.

After finishing his quick midnight snack, he pulls his fangs from my skin, and a spongey, wet object follows straight afterwards. Probably his tongue cleaning the wound for it to heal faster, considering vampires have healing saliva.

*Why is she so calm about this!😵*

After being fed on twice and Shu receiving his fair share of my blood, a wave of exhaustion flows over me. My eyes then begin to get heavy, and we steadily fall asleep in each other's embrace.

Reika's POV:

Slipping off my shoes and stockings, I decide against sleeping in Reiji's bed before he hasn't given me the permission to do so. Grabbing a book from my suitcase, I sit on a nearby dark grey sofa, and begin reading about a certain formula that will perhaps lead me to finally figuring out the solution to a concoction I've been trying to perfect for years. *Jeez, that's a mouthful, I'm not sure I even understand what I just wrote😂* Although every time has resulted in failure.