~Chapter 24~

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys!

Let's hope Kanato doesn't act too Kanato...if you know what I mean...

Please enjoy today's chapter!

Kana's POV:

Grasping my small, pale hand around the door handle, I gently force it downwards and push open the door. The iron hinges creak slightly against the wood, although behind it reveals nothing but Kanato's dark canopy bed, his collection of different toys scattered amongst each other on the floor, and his otherwise empty room. Closing the door behind me, it lets out a final squeak before shutting, as I stand alone in the centre of the room.

Of course I'm not alone though, because I have Beary, but why can I not shake the cold and empty feeling from my body at the moment? Perhaps, I really am lonely.

Holding Beary out from my chest, I take a good look into her beady black eyes that seem to stare into my soul.

"Ne Beary, do you think Kanato sees me as pathetic now?" My tone is grim and my eyes hold complete sadness.

One half of me screams 'yes', while the other highly objects. Can you guess which halves these are?

My brain and my heart. One chooses logic and morals, the other chooses love and emotions.

This is where it gets conflicting. They both tell me different things, but it's up to me to decide which half I choose. Although, with the extra tug from the mate bond my heart starts to win me over.

I'm pulled from my endless thoughts I've been drowning in, by a looming figure behind me. Turning around, I'm met with lilac eyes that hold so much emotion. They bore into my own even faster than Beary's obsidian pupils. For what seems like a lifetime, we stare at each other, lost in our pasts and trying to decipher the truth behind it all.

"Why Kana?" He asks out of the blue, titling his head in a questioning manner.

I would have thought it was cute if not for the situation. His face then twists into one of anger, his wide eyes narrowing and teeth clenched open.

"Why didn't you fight back!?" He bellows, throwing his arms out in rage.

This is what scares me, my eyes wide in fear as I step away to avoid his growing temper. Already, the memories come flooding back as I remember my agonising childhood.

"Why would someone try to hurt our precious Kana?!" He bursts once more, referring to Teddy and himself.

At that moment, I could swear I saw a few transparent tears slip from the corners of his eyes, currently filled with a burning fire of both passion and hatred.

"I-I'm sorry Kanato, I'm weak" I whimper in fear and self pity, cowering backwards and hugging Beary close once more.

A few tears of my own are released from my lids, dripping off my lashes that cover my downcast orbs. Trembling in fear, I use my free hand to brush my hair away from my neck and expose the porcelain skin I bear, which is also the main part in my body that stores fresh and nutrient blood. It would be his choice to decide if he were to drain me of it, or to stop the flow completely, after all...that's what father would do as punishment.

"I-If it h-helps, you c-can take your a-anger out on me" My voice cracks, as more crystal tears drop to the carpet below.

Suddenly, he stops in his tracks, his eyes wide with shock, regret and...guilt. Lowering his raised arms, he stalks towards me carefully as if he wishes not to hurt me any more than I already have been. Surprisingly, even though I know he is approaching, I don't flinch away. I am even more shocked when I feel him swiftly raise my chin with his hand, and place his lips against mine. The kiss is a soft one, as if he is treating me like delicate china that would shatter any second.

In a way, I am.

After getting over my shock, I gently kiss back, matching his tenderness. Our lips fit perfectly together like puzzle pieces, it is like we are meant for each other...and we are. We are bonded as fate had intended from the very moment we were born.

This moment feels so perfect that my legs become numb, but I think he knows that. Eventually, my knees buckle beneath me, but Kanato catches me and lowers us both down to the ground. Breaking our lips apart, he wraps his arms around me in a desperate embrace, clinging onto me like his life depends on it. Beside me on the floor is his beloved Teddy, sitting and watching us intently. Letting a smile grace my lips, I sluggishly move my arm to place Beary next to him where she too watches us.

"You know what hurt the most?" He mumbles into my collarbone, making me shiver from the contact.

My hands are trapped behind his back in the hug, so I reach one up to play with his hair between my fingertips. Which he seems to like, because he emits an ever so adorable purr making me giggle quietly into his ear.

"Not being able to save you" He whispers, his voice strained.

I understand that the memories he witnessed are probably being replayed painfully in his head. I draw comforting circles in his back with my other hand, while the one in his hair gently strokes his violet locks, hoping to soothe him in a way.

"It's okay, there's nothing you could have done, it was just a memory after all" My voice comes out like smooth velvet.

After a couple more minutes of silence and enjoying each other's company, his voice cuts through the air like a melodic breeze.

"Kana?" My name rolls so perfectly off his tongue.

I hum faintly, nuzzling my head into his. His scent and newfound affection seem to lull me into a sleep, but I fight against it to listen to what he has to say.

"You are strong. Being able to endure all the pain and push through to the end, holding onto hope until we finally met each other" He pauses for a second, but I know he has more to say.

He releases me from the tight hug, and reveals his face void of emotion at all. To be honest, it slightly scares me.

"I love you" For the first time, he offers the sweetest smile he's capable of giving to anyone.

His beaming smile of light was a beautiful ray of sunshine, the first I've witnessed in my dull life full of anguish.

This smile is meant for his Kana, and for her only. But this is all she needs to feel content, and content she is. As she drifts off in his arms once more...for the first time, she falls asleep with a smile adorned on her face.

This is the happiness she's always wanted, the love she's always wanted, and now she finally has it.

Thanks for reading today guys!

So long fellow fangirls/fanboys! Until next time!