~Chapter 29~

Aya's POV:

Revealing my twinkling green eyes, I bat my lashes to adjust to the complete darkness around me. Cool breaths emit from my chest at an even pace, sending goosebumps across my stomach in small tingling waves. I can feel my cheeks heat up and I'm positive they are tinged a light shade of pink.

I don't think I'll ever get over this strange habit of his.

"Some people never change" I let out an almost silent chuckle, smiling sweetly.

Bringing my arm up, I use my palm to lightly stroke his silky tomato locks and I can feel him nuzzle closer into my soothing touch, while still fast asleep. Moving my head down, I place my lips gently on where I assume his forehead is. Just as I press my lips down on his surprisingly soft skin, I feel a rush of wind and suddenly the light brightens around me, making me realise I'm no longer lying in a pitch black iron coffin, but on the grey pathway in Subaru's rose garden. The morning light of the sun's rays almost blinds me, my entire mind frazzled from the sudden and random transportation. Pulling myself up from the ground, I attempt to calm my dizziness and confusion.

How does one get from one place to another in seconds? Simple, you can't, unless you're a vampire.

My eyes widen in realisation and my entire body properly wakes up once I straighten up in shock.

"Oh shi-" I'm cut off abruptly.

Suddenly, I'm leaning over the edge of the roof on a forward angle, specifically aimed towards the ground.

"W-woah, no!" I shriek, the fear in my voice evident.

Tipping farther over the edge, I wave my arms about like a flailing duck and get a good look of the solid concrete down below. Luck is sadly not in my favour, and my entire body seems to slant fully in the one direction I wish it didn't...forwards. It doesn't take long for my entire balance to be thrown off and I fall entirely off the roof, plummeting straight towards my imminent doom.

Before I can let out a horrific scream, I shut my eyes and feel a strange and wet sensation engulf my entire body and muffle my scream in my throat. Instead, all that comes from my mouth, are bubbles of air.

I can feel my lungs become completely filled with buckets of cold water, continuously being swallowed into my body. Wrenching my eyes open in shock, my eyesight is slightly blurred from being underwater. The air I'm hastily trying to obtain through my opened mouth only increases the intake of water. I notice I have been newly transported into a large body of water, which would most likely be the lake near the mansion because it's in a close radius to where I once was. Before long, my entire body becomes heavy and begins to sink, my eyelids becoming heavy as I stare at the burning sun above, which is distorted beautifully under the water. It's almost mocking me as it sits in the sky looking all high and mighty while I slowly lose consciousness and drown.

Just as the last of the air leaves my lungs, I feel a cool rush of air and I'm suddenly plunged into the soft carpeted floor, drenched with water and freezing cold. Immediately, I hack up the entire watery contents of my stomach onto the floor in one big puddle, inhaling as much of the precious oxygen as I can. As if my condition wasn't already bad, my heart begins to constrict painfully in my chest, the sound of it erratically increasing and thumping becoming ear-splitting as the sound rings through my head.

I start breathing really unsteadily, my breaths coming out desperate and ragged. Gripping the carpet below between my balled fists, hot tears spill from my eyes and mix with the beading sweat that runs in rivers down my face. After long, I'm left in complete silence, you could even hear a pin drop. Sitting up on my knees, I take a breather and raise my palm over my chest, feeling the normal beating.

Taking a deep sigh in relief, I haul myself from the ground by using the wall nearby for support and slowly regain my balance. As soon as I assume I'm in the clear, the familiar rush of air returns and I'm now standing a few feet from the bottom of the staircase.

"OH COME ON!" I shout, pissed off with the random teleportation once again and huffing in frustration.

Then I widen my eyes in realisation. I just made the biggest mistake, by yelling at the top of my lungs in a house full of sleeping vampires that I didn't want to wake.

"You're an idiot" 

Thanks for reading everyone! Hope you enjoyed!

So long fellow fangirls/fanboys! Until next time!