~Chapter 36~

Hello fellow fangirls/fanboys!

A Happy Halloween to all! I hope all you trick or treaters out there got a good haul and for everyone else, hope you had a spooky day full of scares and to finish off we have a nice new chapter. I'm sad to report that this is the last chapter of this story ever, so a big thank you to all those who have supported this book by voting, commenting and reading, you are all amazing!

Hope you all enjoy the very last chapter of this story!

No one's POV:

In the one line barrier, the sisters stand firm and unbreakable.

"I expected that after your pasts were revealed to your mates, they would think of you as hideous tainted creatures and toss you aside. Which would mean that there would be no way of you obtaining the cure" Cordeney scowls.

"The mate bond is an unbreakable force, did you really think you could destroy it that easily?" Shae accuses.

"Besides, seeing how much they have be emotionally and physically tortured only made us want to be there for them and protect them more" Subaru states with a firm glare, a burning flame behind his crimson orbs.

"After trying to secure the curse for many years, how could it have failed?!" He exclaims in disbelief.

"Simple, you let us fall in love" Laita smiles fondly.

Cordeney loses his angered look and replaces it with a crazed one.

"How sickeningly sweet. Once I defeat you all, I will personally make sure you all suffer before burning in the depths of hell" Cordeney threatens.

"Enough talk! Let's fight!" Sura releases her anger and bolts towards her cocky stepfather, beginning the battle.

The fight ensues once again.

Although Cordeney goes on the defensive as usual, the girls test out their new vampiric strength by working together tactically.

Sura tries her hand at landing a solid punch, but it fails when he dodges, only enraging her further. Running around the room, she follows Cordeney in a blind rage, as he continues to avoid her futile attempts of striking him down.

"Arrggghhhhh" She growls out in frustration.

"You know, going after him all willy nilly isn't exactly a good strategy" Aya steps in and puts a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"We're a family after all, fighting together makes us stronger"

Nodding in agreement, they all launch into the fight.

"Cause a distraction, we need to get around him to land a hit" Reika instructs.

Aya and Sura take the fight head-on since they are the better attackers, keeping close and trying to hit him but obviously failing. With that distraction, Reika takes her chance to dash in and retrieve the sword Cordeney still has in his possession, but this isn't performed without an injury.

Cordeney manages to land a small slice across Reika's cheek, even after she dodged the first swing, he is fast enough to retaliate. Although, using yet again another golden opportunity, Shae steps in from the side to land a swift roundhouse kick to his chest, giving Reika enough time to snatch the blade back and prepare for another attempt at striking him down.

Once again even though all the sisters go on the offensive, he is just too quick, continuing to mostly dodge and surprise attack as fast as he can with a fist. His goal isn't to defeat them right away on the spot, it's to wear them out first hand to then make it an easy kill while they're down.