Chapter 12

"So girls today you will be doing trials for the U17 international team, you guys will go through a few fitness tests and strength tests. You will then go on to do passing, possession, defending, set pieces and shooting drills, you will be scored out of 10 for each drill/test at the end of the session your scores will be added up and you will need to have a score of over 65 to be accepted, good luck" the scout said.

The trials flew by like it was an ordinary training session for me.
I got handed my scoresheet and scanned through everything before looking at my total.

Fitness: 8
Strength: 6
Passing: 7
Shooting: 8
Set pieces: 8
Skills: 9
Defending: 5
Touch: 8
Communication: 7
Keeping possession: 7
Total: 73

"Yessss!" I scream aloud, everyone turns to look at me. I began jumping on the spot fist pumping the air. "Fuck yesss" I whisper shouted. Quickly I sprinted over to the dougout and pulled my boots of shoving them into my kit bag.

Throwing my Nike free runs on my feet before racing off to my car. I pulled out my phone and called Tyler. "Ty guess what"  I screamed down the phone to him. "No way, are you kidding me"  he said quite surprised.

"This biatch right here just got accepted"  I replied, doing a victory dance in my car. "Congrats, now I can boast about how good my sister is" he said smugly.

"Well done but I gotta go, I'll treat you with something when you come home" Tyler says before hanging up.
That bastard always does that, says he's gonna buy me something or do something nice for me and hangs up before I can tell him no.

I put my car in gear and head for Charlie's house. Once I pull into his driveway I grab my phone before knocking on the door. "Brooklyn it's so nice to see you" Mrs Rodriquez says pulling me into a hug which I return.

"Hey Mrs Rodriquez it's been a while" I say. "Is Charlie here by any chance, he hasn't been answering my calls or anything" I ask her. "Yes dear, he's up in his room with some of the boys" she says stepping aside to let me in.

"Thanks" I said, going up the stairs before knocking on Charlie's door.
"Come in" he said huskily, like he'd just woken up. "Oh Brooklyn hi" he said a bit awkwardly.

"Hey" i said hesitantly. "Uhh can, we uh like talk" I ask him. "Yeah sure" he said as the boys just ooohd at what I had said. "Guys could you give us a minute" Charlie asked them but I was quick to shoot it down. "It's fine, it's nothing personal like that you guys can stay" I said as they all sat down again.

"Well okay what is it" Charlie questioned me. "Your looking at number 17 for USA u17s" I said my smile widening as I speak. "What, wait so your telling me you play for USA now" he said astonished at what I had just told him.

"Indeed" I replied rather sarcastically.
"No way your lying" he said laying back down on his bed keeping his eyes glued to a hockey game. My heart sunk at his words.

Charlie didn't believe me. Was I that bad that he didn't believe I got accepted. I go into my pocket and pull out my score sheet throwing it at him as I get up and leave the room.

I just casually walk out of his room and down to my car. Infuriated at what he said I tried to stay as calm as I could.
Just because Charlie couldn't be happy for me doesn't mean I can't be happy for myself.

I think it's time that I forget about Charlie and move on and focus on my soccer career instead. He's put me through hell, he practically cheated on my with my own teammate, who I still need to have a word with.

****

The next morning at school I decided to go and confront Sam, which probably wasn't the best idea, but fuck it I didn't care anymore.

"Sam" I called out, this already grabbed some people's attention. "Hey Brooklyn what's up" she joyfully said.
"Don't what's up me" I snapped.

More and more people began to crowd around us, knowing that there was a bit of drama going on. "What are you on about" Sam asked quite frankly confused.

"Oh so, your just going to pretend you didn't kiss Charlie behind my back" I hissed at her. "Brooklyn I-i can explain, it just happened in the heat of the moment" sam said "it was an accident it never should have happened" she followed up.

"You don't just accidentally stick your tongue down a boys throat, while hes seeing someone" I snarled. At that moment her face began to go white.
All of the colour fading from her cheeks.

It was clearly visible that Sam was afraid of me. I was quite intimidating at times, especially when I was pissed. "Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight" immediately students around us were chanting, egging us on as their voices echoed throughout the hallways.

Not gonna lie I was totally up for kicking her ass, not sure about Sam though. "You know what I'm not afraid of you" Sam suddenly spoke up. "Good cause I'm not afraid of you" I said looking down at her.

I was currently standing 5'8 while Sam on the other hand was only 5'5. Sam was shoved into me, so I shoved her back. "Come on Sam your not scared are you" I said sarcastically. "No I'm not" she said with sass, pushing me against some lockers in the process.

I know, I'm getting on like a bully but she deserves it the backstabbing bitch.
You see I trusted Sam, she was one of my closest friends on the team, and she went and done that to me, I couldn't believe it at first. But when she admitted to it my blood began to boil.

I had had enough of getting pushed around and being second best in everybody else's eyes. I wanted to be someone and stick up for myself, which was something I didn't do too often, I was always afraid people would judge me.

So I went for it, I swung a punch and it cracked Sam right in eye. "Ahhh, you fucking idiot" she screamed grasping her eye for dear life.

"You deserved it" I said before turning around and making my way out of the crowd that had formed, getting a few clasps on the back, for what I presume was for confronting Sam.

I was pretty pissed after me and Sam had our little, ya know, row. Halfway through 4th period there was an announcement over the intercom. "Could Brooklyn Beckham please report to principle Millar's office thank you" the receptionist said.

Great, just what I needed, this probably meant I was getting suspended. I sighed before grabbing my books and shoving them in my bag. Pushing my chair in behind me I get up and storm out of the classroom slamming the door as I left.

"I think you know why I called you up here" Mr Millar said disappointment in his tone. "Uhh yes sir" I replied keeping my head down, fidgeting with my fingers. I've never really been in trouble since I arrived at the school a few months back.

"I'm not sure how this happened Sam wouldn't explain why..." he said but I quickly cut him off. "She kissed my boyfriend behind my back" I said smugly, knowing she didn't want any teachers to know about it.

"Oh I see" Mr Millar said looking through some paperwork. "This would usually lead to a suspension, but because of your clean record from your previous school, I'll let you off with a warning this time, don't let it happen again, you may be excused" he said as he closed his file, pushing his glasses back up the bridge of his nose.

"Thank you sir" I say before gathering my things and heading to the girls bathrooms until 6th period because 5th period is my lunch.

--------------------------------------------
Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter if you did don't forget to vote and leave a comment with any ideas youd like to see in the future or just saying you liked it
Peace ✌🏻