Chapter 15

I want to make a giant shoutout SHOUTOUT!!!! to all of my fans that have been here from the beginning and to all of you that have spread the word!!! y'all are truely amazing :D im so surprised by how many reads Same Mistakes has gotten!! 1,700+!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

This chapter is dedicated to ThoseDirectionerBoys because they, especially Link, are amaZAYN, extrordinHARRY, brillLIAM, phenomiNIALL, and fabLOUIS!!! you all need to go fan them and read Link's story "True Love's Kiss". It's simply amazing :D

Well yeah, I've talked enough! ENJOY!!

When we got back it was dinner time. Liam’s dad was back and Liam didn’t seem as tense as before. He was still a little bit on edge, but I think last night helped him a little bit. He squeezed my hand when we walked in and I think it was to make sure that I was still by his side. I squeezed his hand back as if to silently say I’ll always be here. He smiled and helped his mum set the table. I went and sat on the couch with Ruth and Niall.

“Hey guys,” I said as I plopped down between them. Niall glared at me and I laughed then switched places with Ruth. Niall wrapped his arm around her and she snuggled into his shoulder.

I felt a pang of jealousy. I had no clue why. Niall was like my brother. I had Liam, Ruth’s actual brother. I shook it off and Liam came in and sat on the floor in front of me and rested his back on my legs. I leaned forward and rubbed his chest. I felt his hand grab mine and I pecked him lightly on the cheek.

I pulled him up so he was sitting on my lap. We looked at each other and laughed then switched places. He put his arms around my waist and kissed my shoulder. I smiled. Zayn and Louis were both on their phones and, again, Nicola and Harry were nowhere to be found. I giggled. They snogged more than Liam and I and we had been dating longer.

“Time for dinner!” Liam’s mum yelled from the kitchen. Ruth and Niall raced each other to the table.

Dinner was much happier tonight than it was the night before. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. Ruth shoved food into Niall’s face and he wiped it off onto her shoulder. Nicola and Harry flirted and Liam held my hand and didn’t let go of it until we got to the living room after dinner.

He removed his hand from mine and put his arm around me. I snuggled into his shoulder. Zayn and Louis were on their phones. Niall and Ruth were doing the dishes. Harry and Nicola were just talking and Liam and I sat in a peaceful silence. He kissed the top of my head and I felt my eyelids growing heavy.

“Do you want to go to bed?” he whispered in my ear. I nodded tiredly and he pulled me up off the couch and to the stairs.

When we got to his room I just crawled under the covers. I was wearing my sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt so I was kind of in my pajamas. Liam pulled off his shirt and slid in next to me.

“I love you,” he whispered into my ear. His breath tickled my neck and I smiled as he kissed my temple and drifted into dreams.

The next few days went by quickly, a little too quickly. Niall and I got on a train and made our way back to Ireland and the boys went home. As I stepped onto the platform I felt a warm hand wrap around my waist. “Don’t go,” he whispered in my ear.

I turned to look into his eyes. His grip on my waist tightened and I put my hands on his chest. “But I have to,” I coughed. I’d had a tickle in my throat all day, but I figured it would go away soon.

He kissed the top of my head and I smiled. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. His hand moved to the small of my back and he pulled me closer. I completely forgot about the world around me. I just melted into Liam.  I ran my finger through his hair and he let out an approving groan. My lips smiled against his.