Chapter 17

WOW! Ten votes and 30 reads in under 4 hours.... U GUYS R AMAZING!!! SO, as a reward and as promised, this is chapter 17

This chapter is dedicated to KevinKevinKEVIN because she posted 10 comments on my wall right away :) lol shes a dork so u should go fan her! and read her stories because they are FANTASTIC!!!

Well here it goes....

Chapter 17

“WHAT THE HELL?” I heard myself scream. I saw Liam look up at me and pull his lips from Cher’s. This was not happening. He started towards me, “Emily this isn’t-”. Before he could finish I was sprinting off in the other direction. My vision was blurred and I was sobbing. I turned down corridor after corridor and then I ran into someone. I looked up and my gaze was met by familiar green eyes.

“Emily what’s wrong?” Harry asked wiping the tears from my face.

I gulped, trying to dislodge the bump in my throat. “Liam,” I gasped for air, “cheated.” Gasp “On me” I felt his warm arms surround me and I began sobbing into his chest.

“Shhh,” he soothed as he stroked the back of my head. His hand went to my face and wiped away the few remaining tears. I sniffled and took a deep breath, slowly gaining composure.

“He cheated on me with Cher.” I whispered. I couldn’t believe it. Liam had cheated on me. He didn’t seem like the type. Harry held me out at arms length and looked right into my eyes.

“Did you say Cher?” I nodded. “Oh my god. I can’t believe this. He didn’t even do it. This is all my fault.” He let go of me and began pacing back and forth.

“What are you talking about?”

Just then Liam came rushing around the corner.

“Emily. You’ve got to believe me. Cher came onto me. She kissed me.” I could hear the sincerity in his voice. My expression softened. “I was trying to push her away when you walked up and she wouldn’t let me. Then she saw you and finally let me go. It’s like she was waiting for you or something.”

“She was,” Harry said and Liam and I both turned to him.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I put a secret admirer note in Cher’s room with a rose. I think she thought it was Liam who had given it to her. She heard him talking on the phone with you and I guess she got jealous. She saw you in the audience and figured if you were out of the picture that she could have Liam all to herself.” Harry said. He was zoned out and looking at a smudge on the wall.

“How do you know?”  I asked quizzically with a hint of anger and exasperation in my tone.

“She told me when she walked off stage. I had shaken it off because I didn’t believe that she would do that. But then I thought about it and realized she had been completely serious. So, I went to look for her and stop her and I heard someone running down the hall so I stopped them and realized it was you, Emily. I feel terrible.”

“This isn’t your fault.” I said rubbing my hand in circles on his back. I still hadn’t looked at Liam. Sure, all the pieces fit but there was one thing I couldn’t explain. When I saw him, he looked like he was almost, enjoying it. The kiss. The thought made my chest contract and tighten. I felt a warm body standing above me. I dropped my hand off of Harry’s back and looked right into Liam’s dark chocolate orbs. I couldn’t help myself. In the very moment, I slapped him.

I regretted it immediately. He gripped his face with his hand. His eyes were full of shock and sadness. I burst into tears again. “I’m so sorry.” I sobbed into my hands. I never thought I could be so low. I couldn’t stand to be here anymore. I turned and ran.

Before I could get more than a few strides I felt a familiar hand grip my wrist. I gulped as he spun me around to face him. The side of his face was still red and I couldn’t look at him out of guilt and shame. I turned my eyes to the floor.

His hand reached up and grabbed my chin, slowly turning my head to face his. His eyes were full of determination and another thing that I couldn’t quite put my finger on. Suddenly, his lips were smashed against mine. I went numb.

I had to cling to him just to stay up on my feet. He pulled away slowly. “She means nothing to me,” he said as brushed a loose hair out of my eyes. “You’re my everything.” I looked into his eyes only to find them searching mine for any kind of emotion.

“You’re my everything, too,” I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I gingerly placed a kiss on the cheek I had slapped. I felt all of the tension leave his face. I pulled back to look at him.

His lips were on mine again. I wasn’t even bothering to breathe. I could tell by the way that he was acting that he wasn’t mad about me slapping him. I could see in his eyes that he felt like he deserved it. I know he didn’t.

Why did he always do that? He took everything on himself. He found a way to prove to him self that everything that went wrong had some connection to him or that it was his fault. I pulled away from him.

“You didn’t deserve that.” I said looking at the light pink mark on his cheek. I brushed my thumb over it.

“Yes I did,” he said not looking at me.

“For God’s sake!” I said pulling away from him. “Liam, not everything is your fault. Why do you do that? You take everything upon yourself and convince yourself that you had something to do with it. This wasn’t your fault. You don’t deserve that.” I said gesturing to his face.

He grabbed my wrists. “This was my fault-”

“No it wasn’t!” I cut him off.

“Let me finish!” I was startled by his harshness. “This is my fault. I led Cher on. When you weren’t here I was really sad and she was there to comfort me. We had become really good friends. I didn’t think of her like that, but apparently that’s how she saw me. We didn’t do anything, but that kiss you saw wasn’t the only one.”

I wrenched myself from his grasp and starred up at him in disbelief. Before I knew what was happening, my face was streaked with tears. “W-what?” I stuttered out.

“No. No Em, p-please don’t c-cry. It didn’t mean anything to me. She doesn’t mean anything to me. It’s just you I swear.” He took a step towards me and I took a step back.

“Don’t you dare touch me.” I said through clenched teeth. I saw the tears starting to well in his eyes.

“Em-”

“How could you?” I asked. I wasn’t even trying to mask the hurt in my voice. One tear fell and he didn’t care to wipe it away. Good! I hope his sad. I don’t mean that…

Then Cher turned around the corner. When she saw me her eyes went wide and she started off in the other direction.

I love Cher Lloyd, i just needed someone for this to happen with. NO HATE! we dont Love Liam as much now do we? Tell me what you think!