As A Friend (Marichat)

Marinette had made her mind up. She was going to do something she wouldn't usually do, but she had realised she didn't have forever to tell Adrien she liked him. He was Adrien Agreste, a model and a generally great guy. Something would happen or he would move on. She wasn't going to let that happen.

"I'm going to do it. I'm going to tell him I like him." Marinette squared her shoulders.

"Yes, go girl!" Alya cheered for her friend, being the supportive person she was.

"There he is!" The blue haired girl walked over to Adrien. He stopped and looked at her.

"Hey, Marinette."

"Adrien, I-I-I like you..." Marinette blurted before giggling nervously. She looked at Adrien who was frowning at her.

"Marinette, I like you, but as a friend." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm really sorry, but I'm sure you'll find someone else."

Marinette was crushed. Her crush was crushed. Adrien didn't like her. She was just a friend to him. Nothing more. The future she had imagined with him crumbled before her eyes. It hurt like her heart was being torn out of her chest. Her shoulders slumped slightly, her tiny smile falling.

"Marinette, are you okay?" Adrien's voice brought her out of her thoughts. Adrien placed his hand on her shoulder like he had after Nathaniel had been akumatised into the Evillustrator.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Marinette said as she stepped back, out of Adrien's reach. She wasn't fine. Not fine at all. The last bell rang, indicating everyone could head home. "See you next week." Marinette rushed home, trying not to cry. At least it was the weekend and she could cry all for the next two days.

"Marinette, I know you aren't okay. But you have patrol tonight!" Tikki said as she flew up to hug Marinette's cheek.

"I know Tikki." Marinette opened her trap door and fell onto her bed. Tikki disappeared, only to come back with ice cream and a spoon. She dropped it on her holder's bed in front of her.

"Should you call Alya? She might be worried. She did see you talk to Adrien and then run off." The Kwami picked up Marinette's phone but dropped it to hide when the trapdoor suddenly burst open to reveal the said girl, her face a mix of anger and concern.

"What did Adrien say?!" She shouted after seeing Marinette with a spoon of ice cream in her mouth from the partially empty chocolate tub.

"He swaid he wiked me as a fwiend." Marinette said, mouth full of chocolate ice cream which muffled the sound and made her words sound weird.

"French please."

Marinette swallowed dramatically. "He said he liked me as a friend. Nothing more. A FRIEND!"

"Maybe he has a reason?" Alya suggested in an attempt to make her friend feel better.

"Like what? I have a secret twin and he likes her?" Then Marinette realised something. She didn't have a twin, but she did have an alter ego. Ladybug. Could it be possible Adrien liked her?

|||

Adrien watched as Marinette ran down the street away from him. Something in his heart twinged. Maybe I should visit her as Chat and see if she's okay? He thought. School was finished for the day was over, but Alya was probably with Marinette now. Adrien decided he would check on his Princess later as Chat Noir. Now, however, he had a photoshoot.

Gorilla parked outside the school and Adrien got in the car. Nathalie was waiting for him.

"Your father has cancelled the photoshoot. The photographer got into an accident where he broke his leg. We are going home straight away." Nathalie nodded at the Gorilla and they drove off.