Lila x Luka (Request)

This was requested by @reading-girl

If anyone hates on this ship or anything else in this book I will delete the comment and block you. Ship hate is completely unnecessary and I've seen enough of it in other places. I won't put up with it.

Enjoy!

~

1146 words

~

Lila was walking through the park, lost in her thoughts. She was so engrossed in her thoughts about Adrien and Ladybug that she didnt notice the faint music drifting through the trees, or the trees themselves, until she smashed into one and was brought back to reality. She fell to the ground, landing with a quiet thud and a curse. The music, someone strumming a guitar, stopped and Lila heard quiet laughter in its place. Lila was livid. How dare someone laugh at her!

Angrily, Lila stomped towards the laughter, only for the person to be silent. The only sounds she could hear now were the birds chirping from where they perched in the trees and the sound of crunching leaves as she walked back to the path. The music had started again, only this time it was different and only seemed to fuel Lilas bad mood.

Who do you think you are! Lila demanded, standing in front of a boy with a guitar in his hands, playing it quietly, How dare you laugh at me?!

The boy sitting on the ground just looked up at Lila and she looked at him properly for the first time. He had turquoise eyes that were almost covered by his black hair tipped with the same colour as his eyes. His ears were pierced and he was wearing two black earrings as well as multiple bangles around his wrist and a ring. Lila thought he looked kind of cute.

Well hello to you too, The boy said, standing up. He was tall, taller than Adrien, who Lila had previously had a crush on, and still kind of did, even though she didnt want to admit it, Im Luka.

Im Lila, Lila said quickly, hating how this Luka boy made her feel at ease already. She came here to be mad at him, not make friends! She was Lila Rossi! She didnt need friends when she was popular!

Nice to meet you, Lila, Luka said, standing up and moving the guitar so it sat on his back at the cliché rock star angle.

Lila had to remind herself why she was even wasting her precious time on Luka, You didnt answer my question, she said haughtily.

What was the question? Luka asked sounding like he was amused by the entire situation.

How dare you laugh at me? Who do you think you are? Lila repeated, slower this time, trying to make Luka feel patronised in some way.

I think Im Luka Couffaine, and I dared to laugh at you, as you put it, because it was funny, I wasnt aware there was a social construct against it, and because under the façade, you seem like a pretty nice person, Luka said, brushing the hair out of his eyes and staring down at her.

Lila didnt know what to say and was slightly flustered. No one had ever said she seemed nice, she always shouted at them before they could or she was called out when she tried to make herself seem more interesting. Lila had always dismissed it, though, because she was popular and that meant she had more than enough friends, whether they were just interested in the lies she had spun to gain attention, You you dont even know me!

No, but I can tell what kind of person you are just by looking into your heart, Luka said, quietly playing his guitar again. It was similar to what Lila had heard when she was walking over here, except slightly higher and softer. Lila found it soothing and she calmed down a little, her temper cooling off, and I think you need ice cream.

Such a random statement. Lila was confused, even more than confused than when Luka had started playing different music and saying he could look into her heart, Whats that supposed to mean, huh?

I was asking you on a date, but if you dont want to go to Andres, then thats fine. I can go alone, Luka shrugged, moving his guitar so it rested across his back again.

I never said that Lila murmured, looking away from Luka and blushing slightly.

Then, lets go, Luka said, somehow hearing Lila, even though she had barely whispered. He stepped closer to Lila and offered her his arm. She took it, hesitantly at first, before looping her arm through hers. The two walked back out of the park.

How will we know where to find Andre? Lila asked. Surely, if Luka had asked her on this date, he would have some idea of where to find the ice cream cart.

Just wander until we see him, I suppose, Luka smiled nonchalantly, like this had been his plan the entire time.

So, you have no idea where were going?

Not a clue, but Im sure everything will be fine. If not, we can go back to the park or look online for where he is.

Lila and Luka walked around the city for nearly an hour, the couple had talked about almost everything they could think of, from her heroes of Paris, to music, movies, books, and art. Jokes were told and eyes were filled with tears of laughter. Lila felt happy, truly happy, for the first time in longer than she could remember.

Look, theres Andre, Luka said, pointing to the silhouetted man advertising his ice cream, claiming it would bring a couple together, and help you find your soulmate over and over as people walked past, some stopping to look at the ice cream, others disappearing into the streets. The sun was beginning to set, after all, and now only the last dregs of light were painting the sky pink.

Weve been walking around for a while, Lila giggled.

It was definitely worth it, just to be in your company, Luka said, smiling. He seemed to smile more now than when Lila had first seen him, it was quite obvious.

Ah, two young lovebirds. Lila Rossi and Luka Couffaine, Andre greeted when Lila and Luka walked up to the cart, presumably here on a date, Andre continued, before making an ice cream with three different coloured layers.

What does each layer mean? Lila asked. She had heard that Andre had a special skill of knowing your soulmate and made ice creams to match certain features about them.

Blue bubble-gum for his hair, chocolate for yours, and pistachio for your eyes, Andre explained.

He handed it to Luka, who gave him money to pay for it, Thank you.

Thank you, Andre! Lila smiled before she and Luka walked back down the street to the park. On the walk back, they found a bench and sat down to share the ice cream.

Thank you, Lila, for coming with me, Luka said shyly.

Thank you for asking me.

Maybe we should do something like this again?

Maybe we should.