Not Her Note (Adrienette)

"He's gone, where is he? I need to find him!"

"I'm sure he's fine My Lady." Gabriel called after his wife as she hurried through the castle. Outside, the sky lit up with lightning and thunder cracked.

"What if he's outside! What if Adrien is outside?" The Queen shouted as she slammed open a door and pushed past the guards who were trying to stop her. She ran outside and disappeared into the stormy world past the castle walls.

"Come back!" Gabriel shouted into the wind. "Please." He whispered.

"Daddy?" A tiny voice said from behind Gabriel. "I'm scared."

One week later...
"Your Highness, no one in the next three towns have seen the Queen." The guard retreated out of the room quickly, closing the door just in time to hear the thump as Gabriel threw a chair at the door. The guard sighed and walked away. It had been a week since the Queen disappered in the storm, and it just so happened that the storm that night was one of the worst storms in the last decade. There were towns still recovering.

From inside the room, Gabriel growled, "I will find you, no matter what I have to do."

13 years later...
"Nathalie, please call Adrien into my office."

"Right away, sir." Nathalie walked out of her office towards the Prince's bedroom.

"Come in." Adrien called out from inside the room after hearing knocking. Nathalie opened the door and looked inside.

"Your father wishes to see you in his office."

"Of course." Adrien stood up from his desk. Tomorrow was his 16th birthday, which means he could begin helping his father run the country. This was probably about that. He walked down the halls of the place he had lived in for the past 16 years but had never really called home. The halls were empty like usual, no one around even though the castle is filled with servants and nobles. Adrien wondered how it could be so quiet, even when there were so many people living there.

Arriving at his fathers office, he knocked, in the same way his father had taught him to knock for years. Many things about Adrien's life were controlled, down to the way he knocked on doors. His friends, who he spoke to, even what clothes he wore. He was always locked up in the castle that was never home.

"Come in." His father spoke from inside the office. Adrien pushed open the door and looked inside. His father was sitting behind the large mahogany desk, a family portrait hanging behind him. "Another chef has been hired, she is about your age and her name is Marinette. She lived in Paris and her parents run the Dupain-Cheng bakery. She is here to work for the next six months. That is all, you may leave."

The Prince didn't need to be told twice. He left quickly, gently closing the door behind him. Another servant, I hope she's not like Lila, he thought. Lila had also been a cook, but had often lied to make herself seem better than the others, or to gain more power. She 'resigned' less than a month ago, so Marinette, the new chef, must be her replacement.

One week later, Marinette had arrived. She had dark blue hair and bluebelle eyes. She was shorter than Adrien, but not too short, and had a fire in her eyes, she looked determined. She didn't look like she didn't want to be here like Lila did, she looked like she was going to work as hard as she could for the next six months before she left, like she would at least try and make something out of this.

Coincidentally, the night Marinette arrived there was a storm. It was a storm so big that it rivalled the one from the night the Queen went missing 13 years ago.

Gabriel locked himself in his office. Natalie disappeared, Adrien couldn't find her. That left Adrien to welcome the new cook. He waited in the entry, and when the guards swung the doors open he saw a girl in a ladybug print dress holding a black umbrella that had been flipped inside out.