Number 1 Fan (Waydrien)

Wayhem refreshed the page for the third time in the past minute. The forums loaded down his screen, each one filled with Adrien Agreste fans panicking about his every move and breath.

A popup appeared in the bottom right corner of his screen. When he saw it, Wayhem clicked through his tabs to find his email.

A new message from Adrien sat in his inbox, a reply to a question Wayhem had asked earlier that morning.

The reply was short, along with an apology. Adrien was busy all day with photo shoots and probably wouldn't be able to get to his phone later in the night.

Wayhem nodded, even though Adrien wouldn't be able to see it. He knew that Adrien had an incredibly busy life and accepted that he couldn't drop everything for one person, even if that person was his number one fan.

Wayhem sent another reply to Adrien and logged off the computer. Adrien had mentioned a photo shoot in the park. Wayhem had decided to pay him a visit to cheer his idol on from the sidelines.

Wayhem rushed down the stairs. He shouted a goodbye to his mother as he passed the kitchen and grabbed his bike on the way out.

The park drew nearer and nearer. Wayhem could make out the shapes of cameras, portable changing rooms and crates upon crates of equipment.

A sudden dark shape flew in front of Wayhem's face. He panicked, thinking it was an akuma and he might hurt Adrien if he became a villain. That couldn't happen, and Wayhem would do anything to prevent it.

"Get away from me, you evil butterfly!" Wayhem waved his arms around in front of his face, scrunching his face up as he tried to think of everything positive.

Of course, when you take both hands off your handlebars and close your eyes, you are more than likely to crash your bike.

Wayhem and his bike flew through the gates of the park, Wayhem still flailing, and crashed into a tree just past the portable changing rooms set up for the shoot. As soon as he hit the ground, Wayhem flew upright, looking around.

Adrien was staring at him from where he was posing in front of the fountain. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. Just thought I saw an akuma and got distracted. No injuries, so don't worry about me." Wayhem waved his hands in front of him, trying to get the attention of almost everyone in the park away from him.

From a park bench, Gabriel squinted angrily at Wayhem before turning back to his phone. It started ringing and instantly, his personality changed. He was no longer the cold man people knew him as. He was friendly and didn't belittle the person on the other end of the phone. A completely different person.

When he hung up, he walked over to Adrien and the photographer. With a few harsh gestures and some even harsher expressions, everyone around them started to pack up, despite only working for under half an hour.

Adrien smiled sadly at Wayhem before he was led out of the park by Gabriel, a firm hand on his son's shoulder.

Wayhem watched them go. He has ridden all the way to the park, only to be forced to turn around and head home. Whatever Gabriel had heard on that phone must have been important.

Trying to be optimistic, Wayhem reminded himself that now he had more time to scroll through the Adrien Agreste subreddit he had found earlier this morning.

|||

Adrian stood in front of Gabriel's desk. He was waiting for his father to talk, possibly to explain why he has showed up at the photoshoot and ended it so suddenly. The last time he had been so involved in Adrien's life was before Emilie died.