Choices (Lukanette)

Marinette and Adrien were sitting side by side on the staircase to their school, waiting for Nino and Alya to return with the lunch they had agreed to eat together. They were better friends now, and Marinette had come to the conclusion that Adrien was better as her friend, rather than a crush she idolized to the point of obsession.

"Hey, Marinette, do you have a crush on anyone?" Adrien's question came out of the blue. Marinette sat up straighter, not slouching over her knees so much. It was a subject they had never talked about before, even with Nino and Alya. Why was Adrien suddenly talking about it now?

"I used to but now... I'm not sure?" Marinette thought for a moment before she nodded and said, "There is another guy that I think I might like, but I don't know yet. I haven't spent enough time around him to know for sure. What about you?"

"I do, but I know I don't have a chance. If she wants to date me, she'll ask me, otherwise, I won't bother her. It is her choice, after all. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable or like she has to date me because I'm Adrien Agreste. That wouldn't be fair to her."

Marinette turned to look at Adrien. He was willing to give up a chance with his crush to make sure she didn't feel pressured into dating him because of his last name. He was so sweet, the girl he had a crush on was lucky. "You should tell her. You're so sweet, I'm sure she  would know she isn't being pressured into dating you."

"I would be too shy, and besides, we're talking about your crush, not mine."

Marinette grinned when Adrien tried to deflect her compliment. "I already told you that I haven't spent enough time with him to have a serious crush on him. I don't even know him that well! And why aren't we talking about your crush, I could give you advice! I might even know her."

"That isn't an excuse. People get crushes on celebrities all the time without even knowing them. I can speak from experience. There are some crazy fans out there. I don't need your advice either, thank you very much, I've already worked out how I want to handle it."

Marinette cringed when she remembered all the posters of Adrien, and the giant schedule she had kept updating until very recently. She didn't have a healthy crush, but now she was moving on. And now she had a crush on Luka Couffaine...

"At least tell me who it is. Then I can go and tell him where to go if he breaks your heart," Adrien said with all seriousness. He would do anything for his friends, even if he had to make his father angry and damage his reputation and that of the company.

"Adrien! You don't have to do that!" Marinette didn't think that Adrien would actually try to fight someone, but when she looked at him, she knew that he would try to attack anyone who hurt her. Even though Luka could probably throw him straight into the river without much effort.

"If you're sure. Who is it?"

Marinette rolled her eyes. There was no one else around. Everyone had either gone home for lunch or was inside with their friends. "Luka Couffaine."

"You have a crush Juleka's older brother?"

"Adrien! Be quiet! You don't need to tell everyone in Paris! And no, I only think I might have a crush on him. There's a difference."

"Sure."

"Then tell me who you have a crush on!" Marinette pointed her finger in Adrien's face. It was only fair that she knew who he had a crush on, even if he wasn't going to tell the girl to her face.

Adrien laughed, holding his hands up. "Fine, fine. I guess since I know who you have a crush on."

"Might have a crush on."