MariChat Fluff

I wrote this for the ML Valentines Exchange a while ago but didn't post it, oops.

Marinette was standing on her balcony, gazing out at the stars that dotted the night sky. She wondered what her friends were doing.

Nino would be doing something with music, either making it or listening to it. He was an aspiring DJ, after all. Alya had been forced to babysit because her parents were going on a date and was most likely working on the Ladyblog, which was getting quite popular recently, while her sisters watched a movie, otherwise, the two girls would be having a sleepover. Adrien, she had no idea about because the giant version of his schedule only said he was at home. Maybe he was doing homework?

She knew what Chat was doing. It was his turn for patrol. Ladybug had to patrol last night and tomorrow they would patrol together. They had a system and they always stuck to it. Both of them had a patrol three times a week and then they patrolled together once. It could get boring when you were alone.

Marinette was so deep in thought she didn't notice the black cat-themed superhero land next to her until he spoke, "And what is the princess thinking about this fine night? Maybe a certain black cat?"

"Not quite, I was thinking about my friends and what they would be doing."

"What would they be doing?"

"Alya would be working on the Ladyblog while babysitting, Nino would probably be listening to or making music and I have no idea what Adrien would be doing." Marinette glanced at Chat Noir as he leaned against the railing, almost mirroring her pose.

"You have no idea at all what Adrien would be doing?" Chat asked, feeling slightly happier that Marinette considered him a friend and listed him with Nino and Alya.

"Maybe a photoshoot, but it might be too late for that. Maybe the chemistry homework we got today?"

"What were you doing before I appeared?" Chat asked.

"I finished my homework so I was drawing some sketches for a dress I'm thinking of making. Would you like to see it?"

"I would love to." The superhero said, smiling at the girl who was opening her trapdoor and returning to her room. She emerged a few seconds later with a sketchbook in her hands.

She flicked through a few pages and held the sketch out to Chat, "This one."

Chat Noir was stunned. The design in front of him was amazing. It was a black dress with a belt very similar to his as well as a choker with a bell on it. Next to the dress, there was a headband with cat ears on it and some clips with the same ear designs, presumably for if you didn't want to wear the headband.

"It's amazing. Would it be inspired by anyone you know?"

"I thought it be might cool to do some superhero-themed designs. The Ladybug one is next."