Penny Rolling x Jagged Stone

"Penny! Where are you," Jagged Stone shouted, searching the hotel room he was staying in for his assistant. The assistant he thought of as more than just an assistant... more like a close friend. Possibly even more. And hopefully, she felt the same way about him.

"Right here," Penny sighed, glad Jagged wasn't injured in some way.

"Good, I have something to tell you. Penny, I-," Jagged started to say, resting his hands light on Penny's shoulders. She stared up at him, confused as to what he was about to say, her mind jumping to ridiculous conclusions. It wouldn't be what she was thinking, right? It couldn't be.

Their moment was interrupted when Bob Roth burst through the door, hands raised, voice loud as he declared, "Jagged, good to see you, I have a great business idea! I've set you up on a date with another up and coming star! You might have heard some of her music. Clara Nightingale."

Penny felt her heart drop. If Jagged started dating Clara... No. Penny didn't want to think about that.

"No way! Have you even heard her music? It's the total opposite of mine! It would never work! What would my fans say? I'll lose my image," Jagged took an angry step towards Bob, pointing his finger at him accusingly.

"I don't care, I'm your manager and you're doing this whether you like it or not!"

"I'm already dating someone," Jagged exclaimed, not fully thinking through what he had just said. He wasn't dating anyone, and Bob would surely check on them to confirm if they were dating Jagged. The only people who would say yes without hesitation, even if they didn't know the story, were the obsessive fans that were constantly following him around, or Penny, who already knew what was going on and would probably say they were dating to help him.

"Oh yeah, who are you dating then," Bob questioned, crossing his arms and glaring at Jagged, annoyed that the rock star had gotten in the way of yet another of his plans.

Panicking, Jagged said the first person who came to mind, "Penny."

Penny felt her mouth drop open in shock. Of all the people Jagged could say he was dating, it was her? Then she realised she was the only person who would know that Jagged had to get out of a date and her heart sank. Of course, that was all. He didn't feel the same way about her.

"Penny, is this true?"

Penny looked between Jagged, who was nodding nervously at her, and Bob, who had a scowl on his face. She felt tears welling up in her eyes and her heart tearing. Penny shook her head, scrunching her eyes up, "No, it's not. I'm sorry."

Fang looked up lazily as Penny grabbed her bag from where is sat next to the crocodile, running out of the room, leaving the clipboard she had written all of the tasks that needed to be completed at the door. She ran through the hallways, stepping hurriedly into an elevator and pressing the button that would take her to the ground floor of the hotel, and out onto the street. Once the doors opened, she threw herself out, passing the few guests checking in at the front hotel, ignoring the strange looks she received from the doorman.

Some floors up, Jagged Stone was looking out the window, forehead pressed against the cold glass as he watched his assistant run. Away from the hotel, away from him. And it was all his fault.

"So, about this date, I really think you two should-," Bob started, looking at something on his phone, before his was interrupted by Jagged.

"No. No date, no nothing. Call Clara and say you set it all up and it is cancelled," Jagged hissed, before he walked out, slamming the door behind him, leaving his manager alone with a crocodile that was very angry at what he had done to his family. Crocodiles were very protective, after all.