Immortals

It's hard seeing the world pass you and the people around you age while you stay the same. Adrien was still not used to it. After nearly a thousand years of being immortal, he still wished he could grow old with the people he loved, rather than see them all die.

He couldn't even go and live with other immortals, either, after all, most of them had been hunted down and killed during the Salem Witch Trials. There weren't many others like him left. It felt like he was alone in the world...

'I think it's time for Chat Noir to make another appearance,' Adrien thought, running his hand through his hair, which he had grown out recently. After he left school in Paris at eighteen, he had moved across the country, avoiding any cities possible, determined to lose the image he had gotten from his name.

He had learned to hide, something that became more and more important the more years that passed, the more unlikely his age became. By the time he was five hundred, Adrien Agreste had completely disappeared off the map, faking his own death to get away a long time ago, at the age mortals died.

He didn't tell anyone, which left Marinette heart broken. She didn't know he was immortal like her, so she thought he was actually gone, and that she would have to live her life without him, forever. She too had faked her own death, as did her parents, and had been watching Paris from afar ever since, still keeping the Ladybug Miraculous on hand.

'Just in case,' she had told herself, even though the world had moved on and she was still just the same Marinette she had always been. There was no need for superheroes now.

As she wandered down the street towards the hairdresser, Marinette noticed a flash of black fly overhead, but dismissed it, thinking there was no way there was any version of Chat Noir was still around, and there was even less chance that it was still the same Chat Noir she had been partners with.

Was there?

'I should transform and check, it may not be my job anymore but I still have the Ladybug Miraculous,' Marinette thought, looking around her before disappearing into a side alley, filled with broken tech pieces and wires overflowing from the huge mechanical bins that were in charge of destroying the waste. Everything was run by technology now.

"Tikki, spots on!"

Moments later, the black flash passed back overhead, drawn to the bright pink flash. It was the flash of Ladybug transforming, which meant there was still a Ladybug. Chat couldn't believe his eyes, rubbing them with his fists until they blurred, making sure he wasn't seeing things or going crazy. But he wasn't. That was Ladybug.

As he landed a few streets away from the flash, Chat considered detransforming, but if it was his Ladybug, she would probably freak out after recognising Adrien. But, there was also a chance she would panic if she saw the Chat Noir that was supposed to be dead leaping across buildings towards her.

Rolling his shoulders, Chat decided to stay in his suit, his mask hiding his secrets. He felt safer behind it, especially since he was taking such a risk showing himself to Ladybug, especially since he had transformed for the first time in almost one hundred years. It was more than a huge risk.

"Chat," Ladybug's voice asked unsurely, and Chat looked up to see the spotted heroine standing on the roof above him, looking down at him in shock.

"M'Lady," Chat breathed, stared up at the girl who he had fallen in love with nearly a thousand years ago, hardly believing it was actually her.

"Chat!" Ladybug dropped from the roof onto the ground in front of him, wrapping her arms around his chest and hugging him tightly. Chat hesitantly returned the hug, wrapping his arms around Ladybug's shoulders.

"I can't believe it's the same you as when we first met," Chat spoke gently, afraid this was a dream and he would wake up in the world where Ladybug and Marinette both died.

"Neither can I, Chaton."

Then everything fell into place, "Ladybug, you're immortal? But your funeral..."

"I had to fake my own death. I travelled over to China for a few hundred years until I was forgotten before I came back. I couldn't risk it. You should know that," Ladybug looked up at Chat, and Chat knew she was right. He had written a note to the city of Paris after Ladybug's fake funeral, saying he was leaving Paris due to grief, before faking his death as Adrien. Everything had worked, and no one had questioned him.

"I guess you're right."

"I think we should reveal our identities," Ladybug said, stepping away from Chat suddenly.

Chat was shocked. Ladybug had always been the one to want their identities hidden, but now she was suggesting they reveal them?

"Please, Chat. It's been nearly a thousand years, we may as well find out."

"Okay. Claws in," Chat whispered, closing his eyes against the bright green glow that took his suit and mask away and left Adrien standing in the alley in front of a shocked Ladybug.

"I can't believe it! You're Adrien Agreste," Ladybug seemed so shocked by the revelation of his identity, she wasn't even screaming, which was quite remarkable, considering how much of a crush she had on him when she thought he was alive.

"Yeah, is that a problem, is something wrong," Adrien started to feel insecure. Was there something wrong with him being Adrien?

"No, no, nothing like that," Ladybug started to laugh, "I'll show you, Tikki, spots off!"

Adrien was shocked. He didn't expect Marinette to be standing in front of him. Was sheimmortal too? Adrien smiled, "I can't believe we hid our identities from each other for so long, when we had such huge secrets."

"I guess you're stuck we me now, huh?"

"That really isn't such a bad thing, M'Lady."

"I really thought after all these years you would have forgotten that name," Marinette laughed.

"I would never forget that, Princess, and no matter how many years we've been apart, I would never forget you, either."