Hair Dye (Alix x Luka)

This was for a challenge on Amino!

The beauty aisle of the supermarket was a very popular place, especially the hair dye section. With so many people in Paris dying their hair constantly, it was no surprise people would run into each other often.

Alix was looking through the different shades of pink, trying to decide if she should change her hair colour or keep it the same. She eventually decided to keep her hair the same and pulled the box from the shelf, ready to leave.

As she was walking towards the checkout, Alix spotted Luka walking through the doors. She waved, recognising him after all the time she had spent at Juleka's house. He smiled and waved back, walking straight to her. He looked different. He wasn't carrying his guitar around and walked differently, like he was on a mission or something.

"Hello, Alix." Luka looked down at Alix with a smile on his face. He had seen Alix around when she was at his house, always energetic and full of crazy ideas. She was the opposite of Juleka and balanced out the calm of the other girls perfectly.

There was silence for a few moments before Alix thought of something to say. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm just buying more hair dye for Juleka. She thinks the ends of her hair are fading, but they never really seem to fade. I'm guessing you're doing the same." He pointed to the box in Alix's hand. "That's the same shade you usually have."

"Did Juleka tell you that or do you just notice too much?"

"It's the same colour you used to dye Juleka's hair once, a long time ago. And my hair, now that I think about it."

Alix laughed, remembering that afternoon. She had been hanging out with Juleka, Rose and Mylene when Juleka had decided that she wanted to change her hair colour. They had rushed to the closest shop, the one Alix and Luka were in now, and Alix had convinced them to buy the same hair dye she used.

When they got back to Juleka's house-boat, they re-dyed the tips of Juleka's hair, gave Rose a pink streak and dyed a few strands of Mylene's hair pink. Alix's hair was already pink, so they skipped her hair.

After everyone's hair was finished, there was still hair dye left. It was at that exact moment that Luka had walked out of his room, heading towards the kitchen. All four girls ambushed him and made him dye his hair bright pink, too.

"I'm sorry we did that to you."

"I don't mind, I looked pretty cool for a while after. My hair didn't match the rest of my wardrobe, but at least I looked cool." Luka didn't know why, but he just kept talking, making sure Alix didn't feel bad about the hair dye incident.

"Well, that's... something." Alix smiled. After they had dyed Luka's hair, she had felt slightly bad. After all, everything Luka wore was blue to match his hair, and suddenly his hair was bright pink. That would have taken a bit of adjusting. Good thing it was only temporary.

"I should grab the hair dye."

"Oh, yeah, wouldn't want to keep you waiting around. Juleka probably wants her normal hair back, right?"

"I don't mind. You're fun to talk to." Not ready to leave, Luka started to walk away from Alix. He hoped she would want to keep talking to him and follow him, otherwise he'd see her around whenever she was with Juleka next.

Alix made her mind up in seconds. She didn't want to be annoying, but she just didn't want her conversation to end. There was something about him, something calming, even more so than his sister. She started walking after him. "That's nice. I'd hate to be annoying."

Luka grinned. Alix still wanted to talk to him, and he had no complaints. "What colour does Juleka use? I forgot to ask her before I left."

Alix examined a few boxes, trying to remember what she had seen sitting in Juleka's room. "I think it's this one."

"Violet. That seems about right." Luka pulled the box from the shelf. "Maybe I should dye my hair again. Any suggestions?"

"You should dye it bright orange. All over. No gaps. You'll have to change your wardrobe, but I'm sure you can make it work." Gesturing to a nearby box, Alix hoped Luka knew she was joking.

"I think you're right."

'I can't believe I'm actually going to do this,' Luka thought as he stacked the orange hair dye onto the purple hair dye he was already holding. If this was going to catch Alix's attention, then he would do it. Even though it was crazy and out of the blue, it was worth it. Where had that thought even come from?

"I was kidding, you don't actually have to dye your hair!" Alix was starting to panic. Luka had taken it seriously and was going to ruin his hair.

Luka laughed, watching Alix panic for a few seconds. "I know you were joking, but why not? I may as well change it up. You should dye your hair with me."

Alix laughed. "No, I think this hair colour is alright. I'll let you do that one yourself."

"Come on, just the ends of your hair or something. For a laugh."

"Fine. But only after I've dyed my hair pink."

"When is that going to be?" Luka started to walk towards the checkouts, with Alix following him.

"I don't know, when are you free?"

"Anytime in the near future. It's all your choice." Luka placed his boxes onto the conveyer belt to be scanned. Alix moved a separator between their shopping and placed her hair dye down, only to have Luka remove the separator. "I'll pay."

"I have my own money, you know."

"But I want to pay, since this seems like a first date."

"A first date? I didn't know we were already that close." Alix crossed her arm and smiled.

"I'm still going to pay, even if it doesn't count."

"It doesn't count at all. We're in a grocery store, that isn't a good place for a first date. You could at least take me to the park or something."

"Are you really telling me where I should take you on a date?"

"Yes, I am. Should I schedule a time as well?"

Luka handed over enough money to pay for all the hair dyes. "No, I think I can manage that one. Does tomorrow suit you?"

"It does."

"Then I, Luka Couffaine, officially ask you, Alix Kubdel, on a date at exactly three o'clock in the afternoon. I will pick you up, don't worry." Luka took the three boxes and thanked the cashier. Alix thanked the cashier and walked out with him.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." Alix took her hair dye from Luka. "Maybe we should dye our hair together."

"That's fine with me. We can decide tomorrow." They stopped near the door of the shopping centre. "Bye."

"Bye, Luka." Alix smiled before she turned and started to walk away.

"Alix, wait for a moment." Luka stopped her and Alix turned to see him walking towards her.

"Is everything okay?"

"It is, I just forgot to do this." He gave Alix a smile before leaning down and kissing her on the cheek quickly. "Have a good afternoon."

Alix was stuck in place, her mouth open and her cheek ablaze. She watched as Luka walked in the other direction before feeling like she was about to fall to her knees. Until this point, she hadn't realised her feelings for Luka were this strong or this romantic. How on earth was she going to keep it together on their date tomorrow?

While Alix was freaking out, Luka was trying to get his thoughts together. In the heat of the moment, he had kissed Alix on the cheek, and the next time they saw each other would be incredibly awkward. He looked at the orange hair dye in his hand. Maybe the best idea was to actually dye his hair and make it a bigger joke, to distract Alix from today.

Oh well, they would just have to cross that bridge when they came to it.