The Butterfly Effect

Butterfly Effect

What if Adrien didn't try to take the gum off Marinette's chair?

"I'm just teaching those little brats that sat there yesterday a lesson," Chloe laughed, flicking her hair over her shoulder as Sabrina placed the gum onto a chair.

"Is that really fair?" Adrien asked her. He was trying to learn how he was supposed to act at school and so far, all he had seen was Chloe being mean and rude to people.

"Yes, that's fair. It's just how school works. Everyone has a place. We're at the top, those two are at the bottom. Now, come along, you're sitting next to me," Chloe explained, as if trying to hurt other people was just something everyone could do.

Chloe dragged Adrien to the second row, pointing at the bench and waiting for him to sit down. Adrien had thought he was sitting in the front row, or that was what he got told when he was first introduced to the teacher, Miss Bustier, "I thought I was sitting in the first row?"

"You were, but I'm sure the teacher won't mind. If not, I'll call Daddy and he can sort everything out," Chloe smiled, before turning to the red headed girl next to her, "Sabrina, go find somewhere else to sit. Adri-kins in sitting here now."

"Okay, Chloe. See you after class!" Sabrina chirped happily, bounding off to sit in whatever empty seat she could find.

Soon, two girls walked in. One with dark blue hair in two pigtails and the other with loose hair turning from brown to red. They walked over to the seat Sabrina had put gum on and instantly noticed it, "Ew, who put gum on your chair?" The girl with brown hair asked.

"Chloe!" The girl with pig tails turned around and glared at the girl sitting next to Adrien, her eyes full of anger. Then, her eyes turned and she spotted Adrien, "I bet you helped, right? You're her new minion. Pathetic."

'Why did she react like that when Chloe said that's just how things work?' Adrien thought to himself, resting his elbows on the desk and looking at the tablet in front of him. Maybe coming to public school was a mistake? At least, if he had been home schooled he wouldn't have to navigate his way around all these strange unwritten rules.

"The only pathetic one around here is you, Marinette Dupain-Cheng," Chloe replied, snobbishly turning her chin up and looking at the wall behind the two girls.

The blue haired girl, Marinette, huffed and took a tissue out of her bag, laying it over the gum and sitting down well away from it.

Adrien looked back at his tablet, going through the notes he had been given. They included what the class had worked on before he came to school, which was only the last couple of days. He had worked through most of it at home already, but he was just making sure he understood everything as he didn't want to be a burden and slow everyone down by asking questions.

The teacher entered the room and looked around, looking slightly surprised when she saw Adrien and Chloe sitting in the second row, but merely placed her bag onto her desk and looked Chloe straight in the eye, "Chloe, I thought I said Adrien was sitting in the first row with Nino."

"But, Miss Bustier! I know Adrien better than anyone in this room!" Chloe protested, standing up dramatically.

"I know, and that's why Adrien should sit with Nino. He needs to meet new people," Miss Bustier said, before nodding to the empty seat in the front row, next to Nino. Adrien stood up, not wanting to get into trouble for arguing with his teacher, and moved to the empty desk.

"Hi, I'm—," Adrien began, but was cut off by Nino.

"Chloe's friend. We all know. What you did was really uncool, by the way," Nino said, turning back to his tablet.