New Year Enemies

Chloe huffed as she watched the countdown until the New Year. It was still fifteen minutes away, she had arrived too early, and now she had to wait. Chloe Bourgeois NEVER waited for anything. Everything waited for her.

Someone bumped into her, throwing her sideways into the common crowd. Chloe pulled herself upright and turned to shout at the offender.

When she turned, she was face to face with none other than Lila Rossi. Chloe hated her with every inch of her being. Lila had tried to steal Adrien away from her on multiple occasions and as much as she didn't want to admit, she was getting closer to siding with Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...

"What do you want, Rossi?" Chloe hurled all her hatred towards Lila in one sentence. She hoped Lila would get the message and leave her alone.

"I'm just here to watch the fireworks. You know, since I helped design the display." Lila was lying, and Chloe could tell.

She was sick of Lila and everything she pulled along behind her. First, she had stolen all of the attention that was rightfully hers, then tried to steal Adrien and lied to make herself seem better than everyone.

It was her job, not Lila's.

Chloe grabber Lila's collar and pulled her closer, trying to intimidate her. "Listen here, you and I both know that everything you say is a lie. You can just cut the crap and leave. You didn't set this up, you weren't in Italy, you haven't been to India and you haven't been making plans with Prince Ali. Keep lying and I will make sure everyone knows you're just a dirty, little, liar."

"Like you'll ever be able to prove everything. Everyone loves me, even your best friend. The only other person who knows is Marinette and no-one believes her. She's already dug enough of a grave. There's no coming back."

Chloe pushed her backwards. Sneering, she walked away. She had to find Marinette to help her. It was the only way to show Lila for what she truly was.

If Marinette helped her, she could make sure Lila leaves and never returns to Paris. She could go back to living in her fake Italy story for all Chloe cared. As long as she was gone and out of the way for good.

And Marinette would be the one to help her.

As Chloe stormed through the crowds she heard the clock chime again. Time was running out until the fireworks, then everyone would go home and she wouldn't be able to contact Marinette until the next time she would be at school.

Chloe caught a glimpse of Marinette through the swarms of people. She was with Alya, Nino and Adrien. Chloe growled through her teeth slightly, but as long as Adrien wasn't with Lila, Chloe couldn't really complain.

"Dupain-Cheng! I need to talk to you!" Chloe pointed at Marinette.

Marinette turned around. She looked at Chloe with a look in her eyes that said she didn't want to talk to Chloe. She didn't even want to see Chloe if she didn't have to. "What do you want, Chloe? I'm trying to enjoy my night."

"I want to get rid of Lila."

Alya stepped in between them, anger clear on her face. "Why, Chloe? Is she getting in your way of being the centre of the attention? Are you just jealous that everyone likes her more than you?"

"I didn't ask your opinion. I'm only here to talk to Marinette. Not you." Chloe turned up her nose. She knew that almost everyone liked Lila more because of her lies and she didn't want to be reminded of that.

"Alya, just let me talk to her." Marinetge gently pushed Alya to the side. "I'll be back before the fireworks."

"You'd better be."