Unexpected Results - Kagaminette

"I'm sorry, Marinette, but I've only ever considered you a friend. I like other people." Adrien looked sad, but Kagami knew it was from hurting a friend. He thought he had no feelings for Marinette, but Kagami could see that they both liked each other and they were hurting themselves in the process.

Marinette shut her eyes for a few seconds before opening them and nodding rapidly. "I understand, we're just friends, I should have known that."

Even though she was a fair distance away from them, Kagami could see Marinette's heart break in her eyes. She obviously had some strong feelings for Adrien, and Kagami even felt sorry for her. She had never been in Marinette's shoes, of course, but she still felt bad.

"Marinette, wait..." Marinette turned and walked away, leaving Adrien confused. Kagami could see it on his face. He didn't want to hurt any of his friends, but he didn't want to lie to them, either.

Deciding that he needed some advice, or at least someone to talk to, Kagami walked over to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Would you like to talk about it?"

"I don't think I'm the one you should be asking that. Marinette wouldn't want to talk to me, not after that. You should try talking to her." Adrien knew that he couldn't just transform and drop in for a quick chat, wherever Marinette was. He was a superhero and she was just a civilian, and that would start rumours that neither of them wanted.

Kagami knew that would be a bad idea. Marinette didn't particularly like her, especially when they were both 'fighting' for Adrien's affection.

"Okay." Kagami walked after Marinette. She didn't want to run, and walking might give Marinette a couple of minutes to cool down. Maybe she could cry for a little bit before taking it out on Kagami, either way, there was no point running after her.

"Why are you talking to me?" Marinette wasn't happy. Kagami was the last person she wanted to talk to right now, especially after everything that had happened recently. She had definitely made it look like she hated Kagami, or to outsiders it would look like they were enemies. And they would be right.

They both liked the same guy that most teenaged girls in Paris liked, and Marinette had teamed up with Chloe to ruin Kagami's entire day, even if she hadn't noticed or knew who the saboteurs were.

"Adrien sent me to talk to you. He thinks you need a friend."

"But why you? Why couldn't he find Alya or something?" Alya probably would have been a better option, and even Kagami knew that. Anyone would have been a better option, but Kagami had been the only one around. There was really no other logic.

"I was the closest person to him."

"I don't want to talk to you." Marinette sounded angry. More angry than she probably should be. Kagami was just trying to help out, after all.

"You don't have to talk to me. Just talk and pretend I'm not here."

That wasn't going to work. Kagami knew that wasn't going to work. Marinette knew that it wasn't going to work. There was no possible way they could ignore the anger radiating off Marinette, or the tension in the air between them.

"I shouldn't have listened to you."

Kagami was confused. Dud Marinette mean she shouldn't have listened to Kagami when she suggested just ignoring her, or was there something else that Kagami had said. What else had she said to Marinette? "Pardon?"

"I listened to what you said when we were ice skating, about not hesitating, and this is where I end up."

Oh. That was what Marinette meant. Kagami thought about what she had said. 'The only reason you can't stay on your feet is your hesitation'. To be honest, she had meant it about Marinette falling into a wall because she couldn't think fast enough to grab onto the wall.