How Dare You Lie (Amino Request)

"Isn't he just so perfect?" Marinette said dreamily, her chin resting in her hands, staring at Adrien, who was smiling for the camera as the photographer shouted directions at him. He was at another photoshoot, and Marinette had found out and 'coincidentally' ended up in the same place at the same time. How strange, right?

"Marinette, you are really being creepy. Come on, we can go and do something else now. You've seen Adrien, and you'll see him tomorrow at school too!"

"But, Alya!"

"No, Marinette, we can't just stalk Adrien because you have a crush on him!" Alya protested, putting her hands on her hips and raising an eyebrow at Marinette.

"You can go, then. I'm staying here," Marinette turned back to the photoshoot, only to see Adrien looking at her. She squeaked and dove the ground, hiding behind the bush. Alya just waved.

"You're coming with me," Alya grabbed Marinette by her arm and started to drag her out of the park, back towards the bakery.

Marinette sulked, pouting as she was pulled onto her feet and forced to walk back to her house. It was lucky she could see Adrien tomorrow, or she might just go crazy!

|||

"Hi, Marinette!" Adrien called out cheerfully as he walked up behind Marinette, who promptly froze and began to turn around. Unfortunately, she was extra clumsy around Adrien, and she tangled up her own legs and began to fall down the stairs, back onto Adrien.

Marinette let out a scream, but was caught by Adrien before she could fall too far. Marinette marvelled that Adrien managed to catch her and not fall off the stairs. Then she realised what had happened, "Oh no, I'm so sorry, Adrien! Are you hurt?"

"Mari, you nearly just fell down the stairs and you're asking if I'm fine? I should be asking you that!" Adrien exclaimed, slightly confused about why Marinette was more worried about him than herself.

Marinette's face tinted red, "Yeah... yeah, I'm fine."

"That's good, we better get to class before we're late and Miss Bustier starts to wonder where we are."

"Okay," Marinette nodded and Adrien helped her to stand up properly, not leaning on him anymore. They quickly walked to class, Marinette gripping the straps of her backpack so tightly her knuckles turned white. Adrien, meanwhile, looked as cool as humanly possible.

Adrien and Marinette slipped inside and dropped into their seats only seconds before Miss Bustier opened the door and began the lesson.

|||

"Plagg, claws out!"

Someone screamed from outside the school and Chat Noir leapt into action, jumping out the window and into the street, picking up the woman and moving her from the akuma's path of destruction. Someone in Paris had gotten angry and been akumatised into a giant red worm that burrowed under the streets of Paris and toppled buildings, crushing cars and collapsing the ground. It was chaos. Complete and utter chaos.

"Come on, Chat! We have a butterfly to catch!" Ladybug shouted as she ran across the roofs, going past him after the huge red worm.

Chat smiled and jumped after her. In less than an hour, there was a worm lying under the Eiffel Tower, a crowd cheering for Ladybug and Chat Noir and a purple butterfly fluttering into the air, which Ladybug promptly caught in her yoyo and purified, releasing a clean white butterfly into the sky. The crowd cheered louder.

"I better get going, bye, Chat! Bug out!" Ladybug threw her yoyo and took off into the sky, disappearing out of sight in seconds. Chat watched her go, before realising he wanted to tell her something. Or, at least, that was the reason he told himself.

When he caught up to Ladybug she had landed on a balcony, a very familiar balcony. Chat realised he was above the Dupain-Cheng bakery, and Ladybug had just landed on the balcony. Chat gasped as sparkles surrounded Ladybug and transformed her back into Marinette.

Marinette was Ladybug. How did he not see this before? Chat watched at Marinette climbed back down into her room before he jumped from where he was sitting to her balcony, knocking three times before Marinette appeared, opening the trapdoor.

"Chat, what are you doing here?"

"I know you're Ladybug."

"No, I'm not. Where did you get that idea?" Marinette floundered for something to say. How had Chat figured out who she was?

"I saw you de-transform on your balcony before I came. I had followed you to ask you something, but then I saw you come here."

Marinette froze. There was no way she could get out of this. She looked at Chat, "So what, you're just a random street cat. No one would believe you. No one."

Chat sighed, looking up at the sky, "What if I said I was in your class?"

"I wouldn't believe you," Marinette turned her head away, ignoring Chat, until his spoke again. This time her head snapped in his direction and her mouth dropped open.

"But I am in your class, I'm Adrien Agreste."

Marinette saw red. How dare Chat Noir try and use Adrien's name to get her to believe him? For a hero, he clearly didn't value other people, nor did he have any morals.

"How dare you lie! Adrien is much better than you; you would never be able to measure up! Get off my balcony, I don't want to see you here ever again!"

"But, Marinette, I am Adrien, and I will de-transform and show you if you don't believe me!"

"I don't care! Go! Now!" Marinette shouted, fuming. She didn't want him to de-transform, she didn't want to have to know which of her classmates was a liar.

"I promise on my Miraculous!" Chat said, preparing to say the magical words that would leave Adrien Agreste standing on Marinette's balcony, but the anger on her face told him not to. Why wouldn't she believe him, when Adrien and Chat Noir looked so similar?

"Go back to wherever you came from, I don't want to speak to a liar."

1012 words