Those Damn Secrets

Prentiss sat hopelessly in her apartment. Staring down at her bleeding wrist she decided to go clean up. Prentiss couldn't get JJ of her mind, it was true, she was gay and yet no one knew (or at least that's what she thinks) even though she's surrounded by profilers. Prentiss has been crushing on JJ for a little over 4 years now. Yes, that's very long. When Prentiss almost died she realized she had to tell someone and it had to be soon but she waited. Emily remember when she got pregnant at 15 and got an abortion, her best guy friend (forgot his name) was there for her. She almost had no friends. Emily had been alone for so long especially after high school. Her mom never accepted her and who knows about her dad. Prentiss was real family was the Bau team. Emily looked over at the phone, she decided to walk over and make a call. She typed in Morgan's number straight from her mind because she had memorized the teams numbers in case of an emergency.

"Hello Emily, what brings you to calling me on this fine night?" Morgan said in his charming voice.

"I need to talk. Now." Emily said holding back the tears she was afraid to let out.
"Whoa whoa girl, I'll be over in ten, your lucky I ain't doin' no body tonight." Morgan said with a laugh at the end.

Prentiss cracked a smile and hung up.
Around ten minutes later she heard a knock on her door. She walked over and opened it. She gave a small tour of the apartment.

"Yeah it's nothing crazy." Prentiss stated as she sat on the couch in her sweatpants and bra.

"So umm you going to put a shirt on?"
Morgan laughed.

"Oh shit yeah forgot about that, but you can handle looking at a girl in a bra without getting a boner right?" Prentiss laughed.

"Your going to pay for that. And yes I can." Morgan said in a serious matter.

Prentiss had her plad shirt on (unbuttoned to show the bra) to cover up her wrist. She got serious.

"I have a few secrets and there slowly killing me so I decided to tell someone I trust and that person being you." Emily said.

"That makes me feel special." Morgan smiled."

"Yeah we'll umm... how do I say this?"
Prentiss choked as a tear rolled down her face.

Morgan finally sat down as he realized it was getting serious.

"Hey Emily it's alright, just tell me. I swear I won't tel anyone unless you want me to, your secrets are safe with me, like when you got pregnant. That's still hidden, but you told the rest of the team right?" Morgan replied.

"Yeah the team knows about that but not about how..." Emily said as she broke out crying.

Morgan pulled her close.

"It's ok Prentiss let it out." Morgan insisted.

"I-I'm gay." Emily cried as tears rolled down her cheeks one after another.

It all made sense now, but Morgan didn't want to freak her out by saying they all thought she had a secret so he kept rubbing her back and calmed her down.

"Oh my Prentiss, that's great! I'm so happy for you." Morgan said smiling.

"Really? You don't feel different around me?" Emily sniffled.

"Hell no prentiss! And it all makes sense why you looked so comfortable wearing a bra in front of me." Morgan laughed. "So who have you been crushing on?" Morgan questioned.

"Umm were not there yet Morgan." Prentiss said uncomfortably.

"Ok Em whatever you say." The tall black man said.

"That's not all Morgan...I well..." prentiss hesitated as she rolled up her sleeves.

Morgan was horrified at the scars and fresh cuts on Prentisses Wrists. But he couldn't do anything but care. He grabbed prentiss and hugged her tightly.

"Emily no no no, you don't need to do that honey! Why?" Morgan questioned as he hugged Emily tighter.

"Because I just can't hold on anymore, I don't want control, I want to let go."
Prentiss cried loudly.

Hours passed, Derek and Emily were sitting on the couch watching tv when Emily decided to say,

"I was 16 when I realized I had a thing for girls, I had already been cutting for 2 years. My mom didn't care nor did she notice. My mom hurt me occasionally after I told her I was bi. Really o was gay, I didn't want her to hate me anymore then she already did." Prentiss said without hesitation.

"And how long have you been preparing to say that?" Morgan wondered.

"A few hours." Emily smiled.

"Damn girl, I'm sorry your mom is such a cunt." Morgan covered his mouth.

"Wow Derek Morgan! I didn't think you had that in you to call a woman's mom a cunt. But I did to, and it was to her face so it's fine." Emily laughed.

"Wow Emily, so how many woman have you dated?" Morgan excitedly questioned.

"Well, no one... I've had my eye on someone for a while. I don't want to you know, let myself down." Pre it's said ashamed.

"Oh prentiss just make a move or something. I mean like how bad could it be." Morgan wondered.

Prentiss has her mind on JJ and how she could die if Morgan found out. She panicked.

"It would be bad, like bad. But I will tell you who it is one day. But that day is not and I mean NOT today." Prentiss stated.
————————————————————
It was morning already, Emily got up and looked at her wrist, nicely wrapped up, she through on a long sleeve shirt and some jeans as well as her usual black socks. She walked out and saw Morgan eating some cereal.

"Mornin' princess, I slept on the couch by the way, I know you wouldn't care if I slept with you because you want to sleep with some other girl." Morgan laughed as he took a bite.

Emily rolled her eyes and laughed. It was 8:00 AM and they hadn't been called in for a case.

"Morgan I wasn't 15 when I lost my virginity." Emily fessed up.

"What a way to start the morning." Morgan said curiously.

"I was 14 and I was raped by my best friend Jake." Emily said almost ashamed at the word.

"What! You have been through fucking hell! I'm going to twist that fucking bastards neck!" Morgan shouted.

"That's when I decided why men weren't so appealing to me, even though they have those abs and muscles." Prentiss said as she touched Morgan sexually.

"Oh damn Em, if you weren't gay, would you find interest in me?" Morgan said passionately.

"Derek! You're so full of yourself," Emily yelled as she hit him.

They both laughed. After about 30 minutes Morgan left. He couldn't help it and he told Garcia everything, word for word. Garcia kept the secret but has to stop by at Emily's. Emily was home, it was about 11:30 AM and Emily walked around her house crying when she heard a nock at the door. She cleared up and walked over.

"Hey Garcia, what brings you-" prentiss was cut off and Garcia pushed her way through.

"Morgan told me everything, he's really sorry but he had to and omg Em why didn't you tell me?" Garcia rambled.

Emily broke down crying.

"Because, I-I couldn't even handle it myself." Prentiss stated.

"So who's the lucky girl?" Garcia wondered.

"No one!" Emily shouted.