The Damn Case

It was a brisk morning (I have no fucking clue what that means) when the team was called in for a case, they had to a small town because people were getting murdered but it was such a small town with shit WiFi. "Wheels up in thirty." As Hotch always said. When they arrived they stayed at a hotel because the police station was getting renovated and it was just a shit place with one room. So they went and stayed in the small hotel. Everyone split into rooms Morgan and Garcia, Rossi and Hotch, and Reid stayed with Emily and JJ.

"So there are two beds, Reid you can have one and JJ and I will share, if that's alright?" Emily said.

"Yeah fine by me." JJ smiled.

"Totally cool." Reid through his stuff down.

They worked on the case for hours and were on to something but it was 1 AM so Hotch sent everyone to get rest and start fresh in the morning.

Emily showered after JJ. She was so in love. JJ went to see if there was a vending machine with water bottles.

"Spence, listen, you know I'm gay. I really like someone. Derek and Penelope already know but I like JJ and I have for a long time. I just wanted to say, I trust you for you to know that." Emily kind of laughed when she saw Reid amazed.

"No way! Does she know?" Reid smiled.

"No." Emily confessed. "You can't tell her."

"I won't, but she's a profiler, she should know!" Reid laughed.

"Yeah the other day I almost told her but then I said something like 'I do dig blondes though.' She had no idea." Emily smiled.

"Haha no way!" Reid said as JJ opened the door with 3 water bottles.

"What's going on in here?" JJ questioned. "Am I missing out on all the fun?"

"Well.." Reid struggled not to say, but he wanted to keep her secret.

"Just stupid stuff. Nothing important." Emily played it off.

"Ok." JJ said suspiciously.

"Ok I'm going to bed." Reid turned over  and put his book on the side table as he turned of his lamp.

"Jay, I call this side." Emily jumped on the bed.

JJ laughed and lauded down next to Emily. She turned of the light. Prentiss was quite happy in this moment. She got comfortable. About 10 minutes later the female agents heard Reid breathing loudly, clearly he was sleeping. Emily turned over, and JJ was facing her. Both the women were staring at each other. JJ questioned something in that moment, the way that Emily looked at her really got her thinking, does Emily like me? She brushed it off.

"I can't sleep." JJ finally spoke.

"Neither can I Jay." Emily replied.

"It's about 2 AM, we got to work on the case tomorrow. Honestly, someone was probably just killed." JJ looked disappointed.

"Actually though." Emily sighed.

JJ got closer. "Damn these comforters don't warm you at all." It didn't bother Jen that Emily was gay she wouldn't mind warming up with her because she's her best friend after all.

Emily felt herself blushing and her heartbeat went up. She was nervous. But she tried playing cool. What if Spencer' woke up? "Yeah the beds could be better, but it is a small town."

"So Emily, I'm just wondering, why did you really kiss me the other day?" JJ finally questioned.

Emily felt really nervous, should she just tell her? Almost the whole team knows besides JJ, Hotch and Rossi. Emily debated but instead she said, "Ok well you reminded me of one of my old girlfriends and I just forgot what it was like." Emily lied, she didn't have an old girlfriend like JJ.