The Damn Past

A/N- Ok idk how to spell Past! Is it Past or Passed??

The girls got in bed.

"Hey Jen? Can you explain your past. I literally just poured my secrets out to you."

"Yeah you did. Ok I guess..." Jennifer realized she was right. "When I was 5, my parents started fighting. My sister was 11 and she always seemed sad. I guess you could say she was leaning towards the 'emo side' which Emily...we all know you used to be in that edgy stage."

"Yeah that picture that Garcia found. I don't remember that stage but Ik it happened." Emily confessed.

"So after many years I was 11 and my sister was 17..she was excited to move out and get away from my damn family. I noticed she got sadder. But if don't know. One time I walked into the bathroom and she was bleeding. She shoved me out. I sat for hours by the door. She finally walked out and told me she loved me. Then she walked into my room and gave me her necklace. I loved the necklace." JJ grabbed the necklace she was wearing and fidgeted with it, "The next morning I went into her room. She wasn't there. I walked back to my room but I noticed he bathroom door was shut. I tried opening it but it was locked. This is where my future takes place. I kicked the door down I walked in and there she was. Her lifeless body lied there. Blood everywhere. She was wearing her favorite dress. She carved the word 'forgotten' in her wrist. In her other wrist she carved in 'sorry' but the 'sorry' wasn't as deep because she had lost strength. I screamed. My parents ran up. They kicked me out but I grabbed the note as they called 911. It said, 'Sorry JJ. I know I was the only one there for you. I love you. Mom I love you. But Dad, I hate you. I almost ran away but then I found myself writing this letter. JJ I'm sorry you had to see me cutting. It was a habit. At least I killed myself and not anyone else. I couldn't handle the pain and honestly, I just couldn't hold on. They say 'it's always darkest before the light' but it was always darkness. No one was out there. No one was trying to find me when I was lost. JJ your to young to understand but please forgive me. I know that's hard. Honestly, just forget me. It's not like I was important anyway. Go live the life you would have. Don't let anyone stop you. Get out of this house. Love you JJ and just remember. I'm always here even though you can't see me. There's a road that takes you home, take it fast or take it slow. I don't know, we don't know, where we go.' Don't even ask, yes I did memorize the whole thing. I read it almost everyday. Until I understood. Then my parents found out I took the note and my dad started hurting me because I wouldn't tell him where it was. One of those nights you found me. After you said that to me...I went home and I yelled at my dad I told him, 'No matter what you do you won't get that note, leave or I will leave the same way Rose did. You don't want that, or do you? Because clearly you can't even pay attention to her. She wrote forgotten on her arm because her own parents didn't even pay attention to her. Now fucking leave.' He left and my mom took me back to the farm. We lived there from then on. I finally moved out and became an FBI agent. Best choice I ever made." JJ had a sad story.

"Damn I'm sorry J." She hugged her.

Emily's phone buzzed. Dinner at my house! I'm making my famous spaghetti dinner. My grandmas recipe. Everyone is welcome! It was from Rossi. "Let's go." Emily grabbed JJ's hand and they went to change.

When the agents arrived, Reid, Morgan and Savannah, Hotch, Garcia and of course Rossi where already there.

"Dinner will be ready in an hour! Please everyone sit. I'm doing this today because this is her birthday and she was an amazing cook. So I respect her talent. Of course mine will never be as good as her but I try. Wine ladies?" Rossi asked the two newest arrivals.

"Yes please" they said in sync.

Everyone sat down with a glass of wine, Rossi joined them because everything was cooking. He had an open floor plan meaning the kitchen was connected to the living room and there was no wall between them so he could talk while cooking.