Chapter 21

Mateo's P.O.V
I couldn't think straight. As she sat sound asleep in my lap I couldn't help but fear. Fear that I would lose her and wouldn't get her back. It scared me but I was willing to die for the angel on my lap. I hadn't seen her in about a year and it hurts thinking that if Ruby hot to her I wouldn't see her till the day I died. I was taken out of my thoughts when the door opened. It was her dad who looked me with a mixture of many emotions.
"I remember the day I lost my wife I told her I would protect her at all cost," he started speaking as he walked towards me. He sat next to me and looked down at his daughter with love and sadness.
"Now, now I'm scared that I won't be able to stop Ruby and it'll end with me not being able to see my daughter. She's my world and I can't have her taken from me." He said as he closed his eyes.
"You know that I'm willing to die for her, I'll make sure you don't lose her because I'm not letting her get taken without a fight," I replied to him in a very serious tone as I cradled the girl closer to me. He gave me sad smiled and nodded.
"I know son and I'm very happy you are in our lives, you're like the son I never had," he said with a smile. I smiled back at him. He sighed and stood up to leave,
"My boy I have to return to set the house up for you I'll let you be."
I nodded as he walked out right before he closed the door Oso ran inside the rooms which made us both chuckle. He looks at his daughter one more time before closing the door. Right when he did I felt the girl in my arms start to stir. I held her closer as my heart started to hurt thinking about never being able to hold her.

Ruby's P.O.V.
I sat in my office with a cigarette in my hand and a smile on my face. Oh how good she looked packing her clothes. Yet my heart hurt when I saw her crying. Then that bìtch had to come in. That should be me holding her and comforting her, caring for her. God how good it would feel to hold her in my arms as she looked up at me. She would never leave my side. She would always cling to me and I would love her. I would make her feel so good and after I would treat her like a queen.  Soon it would happen. Nothing would stop me, not her dad not Mateo and especially Lauren.

A/N: Hello all you beautiful people I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I know it's short but it's kind of a filler due to the fact that my kidney stones started to move around again. So yes I got sick again but I'm okay anyways   I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you my loves enjoy this holiday  please be safe. I'm here to talk I would love y9u hear your stories and I love you all so much my beauties that I can even describe it well I'm about to eat but pleaseenjoy yourselves and cherish times like this. Real quick I want to wish WastedxYouthxx a very happy birthday and hope you have a good day I love you so much big spoon💕💕
I also love you all my wonderful readers 💖
Thanks for reading loves ❤