Chapter 28

Lauren's P.O.V

Today is the meeting with all of my allies. I'm going to update them with everything once again. I couldn't figure out how I was going to get Ruby now, it's like she's off the grid. I'm still skeptical of Camila though. I don't care what she says right now I feel like I can't trust anybody. My brother has been trying to track the number while Mani has been trying to check the video cameras from my house and job. I can't keep living like this. My mind is going crazy. I sighed as I got out my car and walked into one of my casinos. As I approached the elevator I see Madison standing there. I rolled my eyes and wandered how she knew I was going to be here. I ignored her as I walked towards a conference room in the back. I had one mission and that was to get my point across that I wanted Ruby's head on a plate. Nobody has been able to put the pieces together not even me. The text was from a burner phone and I was beginning to loose my  patience. How was I gonna keep her safe when I didn't even have a clue where to start. All I knew was that Ruby was getting to close for comfort. (Y/N) was at home again this time with only her dad and Mateo. Obviously Oso was there and I'm kind of glad. He's gotten bigger but still so protective of his owner. Without even realising I was now standing at the door to the conference room. I took a deep breath and exhaled as I pushed the door open ready to get this shit over with.

MATEO'S P.O.V
I was currently watching a movie with (Y/N) in one of the guest rooms. This one had no windows as it was downstairs and I felt it would help keep her relaxed. We had also taken away her phone so she wouldn't be freaked out. We didn't need a repeat of last time. Plus with her anxiety she need to have a completely relaxed day. Oso was laying on the edge of the bed chewing a ball. I felt the bed shift and turned to see (Y/N) trying not to fall asleep. Lauren told me she'd been having nightmares which didn't surprise me to much. Lauren thought she knew everything about (Y/N) but truth be told there was somethings we hid from her. Well still hiding grom her. More or so for (Y/N) sake. For example to Lauren she'd only talked to Ruby once but that was a complete lie. (Y/N) was too trusting and unfortunately that was her biggest fault. There's a reason why she still acts like a young child and we have Ruby to thank for that. Yes she'd always has an innocent manner about her regardless of what her dad did for a living. Don't get me wrong we love her the way she is but I can't help but wonder what would've happen that one summer night? What would happen if she finally told Lauren? Most importantly would she stay in the her same mentality or would we finally see a different side?

Plot twist!!

Hello all you beautiful people how are you? Did you miss me? Cause I missed all of you!! Now I know this is a bit short but I'm just getting back into my stride & I'm still trying to figure out how I want to work out my plan for this story. I do hope you enjoyed this update I promise another one it on it's way!!
Thank you for reading my loves ❤️