Chapter 14

Dylan's POV

She fell asleep in my arms. She had wanted me to stay but I had things to do.

I slipped my body out of bed quietly. She groaned and curled into a ball.

I smiled my little munchkin was so cute. I walked towards the door to see Sammy watching me while slowly making his way to the bed.

He jumped up and snuggled with Autumn.

I shut the door behind me and I walked down the hall to Shane's room.

I knocked. I heard a murmured come in.

Walking in to I saw Shane with a bottle of vodka in his hand and a cigarette in the other.

"Man you stopped smoking don't start up again." I said

"I-I'll never find my mate. I almost hurt yours. I'm a hor-horrible person." he slurred taking a swig of vodka.

"It's okay just calm down. You'll find her." I said quickly.

He just shook his head and took a hit from his cigarette. I snatched it from his hand and put it out with my foot.

Seeming to not care he continued to drink.

"I'll never find her." he moaned

"You will." I trailed off thinking of a great idea, "We can have a guys day. Just us we'll go out have a few beers and all that."

He just nodded.

I patted him on the back and said goodnight.

I had lots of paperwork to do that I've neglected since I met Autumn. I went to my office and sat down starting to go over the documents.

-- Few Hours Later --

I'd been at it for hours. I checked the clock it was 1:30. Wow I'd been up for this long!

Well I had done most of my work just have a few more files left. I'll just get them done.

I started on the one marked New Members. I opened it and started to read and sign papers until I heard footsteps.

The door opened but I didn't look up assuming it was Shane.

I continued to do my work until I felt small hands push me away from the desk.

I looked over to see a tired looking Autumn. She rubbed her eyes and sat in my lap.

She got comfy and I smiled.

"What are you doing awake munchkin?" I murmured as I ran my hand threw her hair.

She didn't say anything at first just cuddled further into my chest then muttered, "You weren't there to cuddle."

I smiled. She was so cute. She came to find me so she could cuddle.

"I love you." I heard her slur tiredly as she drifted in and out of sleep.

She soon feel asleep in my lap and I continued to read the files and sign.

I finished and put my pen down. Leaning back in my chair I closed my eyes.

This was perfect me and my mate.

-- Next Morning --

I woke up suddenly to find I was sitting at my desk.

Autumn was curled up in my lap. I don't remember falling asleep.

I carefully scooped Autumn up bridal style and carried her to the bedroom.