Chapter 20

Warning: Language

Autumns POV

Stella looked around wide eyed finally understanding.

I wanted to shift back but couldn't because of my lack of clothing.

Dylan could tell I wanted to shift back by the way I was wiggling and I seemed antsy.

He stood up and went behind a tree. He came out in his human form.

He was pulling on a pair of shorts. Seeing a bit of the low part of his V line made me purr.

He had a shirt in his hands and I smiled walking over grabbing it in my mouth.

Shifting I tugged it on. It seemed a bit smaller than Dylan's normal shirts.

I came out and Dylan wrapped his arms around me.

My back was pressed to his chest and I leaned my head back.

"So-so you really do want to stay." Stella quietly  stuttered.

I nodded and Dylan kissed the top of my head.

Stella snorted a bit, "So how long have to been lying to me? A year? Since High school? Or did it start in middle school? I thought you were my friend but I see."

I frowned.

"What do you mean I-" Stella cut me off.

"Don't tell me you didn't know. Just leave me alone." she said harshly.

My eyes pricked. She's been my best friend since forever and now she didn't want me near her.

I took a step towards her and she screamed, "I said get the fuck away from you lying piece of shit! You're a dirty mutt! I don't want anything to do with a dog!"

Tears over flow and I turned and ran away. Dylan yelled for me to come back but I just kept running.

I ran until my legs gave out. I literally fell into a mud puddle because my legs turned to jelly.

I cried and cried.

I felt arms come around me to see it was Charles.

"Why are you all the way out here?" he asked wiping my tears away.

I didn't answer just continued to cry.

"Dylan?" I asked for him.

"Dylan did this?" Charles said almost unbelieving.

"Nooooo!" I whaled

Then there was the crunching of leaves and Dylan pushed Charles out of the way.

He held me as I cried against his chest. His strong arms comforted me.

I was dirty and tired and I'd just lost my best friend.

Knowing there was no way I was going anywhere on my own Dylan pulled me up onto his hip and let cry on his shoulder.

He walked with Charles behind us. I watched him as I cried. He looked sorry for me.

When we finally got to the house I saw Stella fighting Shane.

When Dylan came by with me she glared in disgust.

Shane took it to his advantage and threw her over his shoulder.

Dylan didn't stop just walked right up to his room and put me down on the tile floor of the bathroom.

My feet were a little bloody from running threw the woods barefoot.