09 » FIRST FULL MOON

There was an hour until the sunset. I didn't have enough time to clear any evidence of me being there and I was already on the road to the Lockwood cellar. I had no idea where I was going, since last time I went there, Tyler drove and I wasn't paying attention to the roads he was taking. On top of that, I was in a different part of the city, with unfamiliar roads and buildings. The streets were mostly barren, so I pulled over to open the GPS on my cell phone. When I opened the app, the words NO SERVICE were displayed in bold letters.

"Goddamnit," I yelled, frustrated that there was nowhere to get help. I was already driving aimlessly for fifteen minutes. I continued driving looking for any sign of other cars or landmarks that could lead me home.

After ten more minutes of searching, I pulled over to an unfamiliar state park. It was the closest thing to woods, and it seemed deserted. I didn't have any bolts or chains to restrain myself, so this was my best option.

I left the car and walked down the main path deeper into the park. The sky was now painted with colors ranging from scarlet to indigo. There was the main trail that leads throughout the park, which I walked down until I got as deep into the park as I could without losing my way.

By this time I could partially see the full moon on the horizon. That's when reality set in. I was really about to experience the worst part of my life alone, in the middle of nowhere with no help whatsoever. My life would change forever and I couldn't contact anyone. I glanced at my phone again, checking to see if there was service in this part of the woods. I sighed once I saw that there wasn't.

Fear rose upon me, sending chills across my arms. I collapsed to the ground in sadness, knowing that in a matter of minutes I was going to go through excruciating pain. I knew enough from Tyler and his uncle's journals, but outside of that, I knew nothing about being a werewolf. Tears sprung to my eyes. I bit my lip, trying to keep the tears at bay, but it was no use. Tears flooded down my cheeks and heavy sobs filled the silent forest. I continued to cry as the clearing in the woods slowly got darker as the sun disappeared, leaving the moon standing tall in the sky.

My vision was blurry and my eyes were puffy from crying. I sat there in silence, trying to catch my breath as my heart was pounding in my chest.

My sobs stopped and were followed by an eerie silence. Nothing but the rustling of leaves in the wind could be heard. The silence was broken by an earsplitting crack. I cried out in pain as my arm flew up, distorting in ways I never knew was possible. I continued crying as my other arm followed suit, both were snapping in unison. After an eternity of the bones in my arms breaking, the cracking stopped.
The woods were quiet again, besides my cries from my aching bones. I was trying to catch my breath between sobs, but I choked and lay down on the forest floor. A sharp pain in my back caused me to sit up, and soon my back split. I could feel each vertebrae snapping out of place. I gagged, hoping that the pain would stop. It didn't. Soon after my back started shifting, my arms started breaking again, this time worse than the first.

Soon every bone in my body was breaking at the same time. I threw my jacket off and continued to roll around the forest floor in pain. Suddenly a sharp pain shot through my gums and pupils at the same time. Black and amber dots clouded my vision, slowly growing numerous in number until I couldn't see anything at all.

---

My mindset was different. My previous thoughts on high school, friends, and normal teenage things were replaced by one single thing- to kill or be killed. As I was running throughout the forest, I could feel my fur rustling in the wind. My fur was dark brown, similar to the color of my actual hair. I was actually happy. I was stress-free, running through the forest using my wolf speed. I ran for hours within the park until I shifted back into my human form after the full moon retrieved from its apex. The sun had yet to appear, leaving the moon in a collage of beautiful blues.