19» DEAD WITCH

Damon and I walked down the hall at a quickened pace. I could smell the fear of Elena and Stefan, who were getting closer to us by the second. Damon opened the large set of double doors ahead of us, which allowed me to meet with the doppelgänger and her boyfriend.

"There you are." Damon bluntly said to the two.

Elena paid him no mind, "What are you doing? Where's Bonnie?"

"Elena, she-" I wanted to say anything to make her feel better but Damon cut me off.

"She's doing what she has to do."

"Where is she?" Stefan chimed in, mirroring the same look of confusion that Elena wore.

"Stefan, let her do this," Damon said.

"Damn it, Damon, where is she?!" Stefan was frustrated that he had no say in Bonnie's mortality. Stefan's angry glare averted from his older brother to me, his green eyes reflected a pleading gaze. I looked up to Damon for an accepting nod before I used my sense of smell to track Bonnie to the dimmed cafeteria where she was fighting the fabled Klaus.

The others followed shortly behind me, soon passing me and Damon once we reached the room that Bonnie was in. Before we could enter, Bonnie forced the heavy doors shut with her magic, making sure that no one could open it.

"Bonnie, no! Elena yelled through the cafeteria doors. I felt tears sting my eyes at the sight of Bonnie. She was obviously exhausted, with blood trailing from her nose.

Klaus was now crawling on the ground, apparently trying to recover from the beating that he received. This didn't stop Bonnie though. She lifted her hands and released a surge of power that caused the lights to burst, sending electric sparks flying everywhere.

Despite all that happened Klaus didn't look close to dying. Stefan tried to force the doors open, to no avail. My and Damon made eye contact, a sad expression played on his icy blue eyes. Bonnie looked back at Elena, giving her a final smile before her body suddenly jerked, sending her lifeless body to the ground.

"Bonnie!" I screamed, while Stefan and Elena finally got the door open. I ran towards her limp body, paying no attention to the fact that Klaus was nowhere in sight. "Bonnie please wake up. We need you." I whispered to her, my face grew hot as tears trickled down my face. I traced my hand over her face that now seemed dull compared to its usually glowing nature.

"Stefan, she's not breathing!" Elena yelled out on the side of Bonnie that was opposite from me. Elena and I continued crying at the sight of our best friend. My chest ached at this point, but my pain was far less important compared to what Bonnie was going through.

"Stefan! Stefan, I can't find her pulse! Stefan! Do something, please! Stefan, please! Just give her blood, do something, please!" Elena pleaded with the younger Salvatore.

Stefan frowned, "It's too late. I'm sorry."

Elena didn't want to accept that as an answer. She was now shaking her head in disbelief, saying the word "no" repeatedly. I hung my head in silence. I felt Damon enter the room.

"Stefan, get Elena out of here. I'll deal with the body," he said nonchalantly. Elena's face recoiled with disgust. So did mine.

"What do you mean, deal with it?" Elena spat before I managed to say anything.

"The sheriff can't know about this. The last thing we need's another mysterious death." Damon simply explained. My face was wet with tears. I tried my best to wipe every last drop, but more tears kept falling.

"This is Bonnie!" I managed to cry out between sobs. Damon ignored me and looked at his brother.

"Get her home. Now. So I can clean this up."  Stefan quickly obeyed his brothers' order and helped his girlfriend stand to her feet.