40 » HAD TO BE DONE

Once again, Kennedy was kept in the Salvatore house against her will. The vampire Avengers gathered in the library, along with Rebekah Mikaelson. Everyone was discussing a plan to kill Klaus, which was great news to the werewolf. She wanted to take part in this monster's death.

Ice cubes circled the edges of the glass as Kennedy nervously gripped a glass of bourbon. This was her fourth drink in the last twenty minutes and everyone had noticed. Damon eyed the wolf as Rebekah approached her.

"I hope you don't hold a grudge." Rebekah stood in front of Kennedy.

"I do," Kennedy stated plainly before taking another sip of the drink. "But you're the person I hate the least in this room, so we're cool." She shrugged.

Rebekah sat on the arm of the chair that Kennedy was sitting in. "I wanted to formally apologize for kidnapping you and handing you to my brother." She said quickly, ending the apology with a slight smile.

"It's a family thing, I get it." Kennedy shrugged while tapping the edge of her glass. "It's big that you're here helping us now, so thanks." Kennedy paid Rebekah with a friendly smile. The two sat back in comfortable silence while the others perfected their plan. Although Kennedy wanted to kill Klaus herself, she was glad that stronger beings were willing to do most of the heavy lifting.

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here." Stefan paces the room, trying to get his story straight. "He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." He stood in the middle of the library, passing a glance at Elena. For someone who's emotions were turned off, he still seemed obsessed with her.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena questioned.

"No, we vervained him!" Damon corrected. "This guy is an Original." He mimicked a stabbing gesture with his empty hand, the other hand holding a glass of bourbon. "To make it realistic."

Elena drew in a breath and continued repeating the story. "Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger. "Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..."

"We drove it through his heart." Stefan finished.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Elena asked another question.

"Good point!" Damon snapped his fingers as if he were a teacher congratulating a student. "You, my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him... the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied." He narrowed his eyes at his baby brother.

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan rolled his eyes. Kennedy shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

Elena slightly paced the area between Stefan and Damon. "Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof." She noted.

A pale man that appeared to be in his late fifties entered the room they all stood in. His demeanor sent chills down Kennedy's spine. "Then I shall be dead." He stated in an unidentifiable accent. Kennedy met Mikael at the bar along with Stefan and Damon last night, but she still felt an uneasiness about him.

"What if he actually wants to see you in person?" It was Kennedy's turn to question.

"Well, that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him." Mikael added with a sinister smile. "I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned." He held up a small glass vial filled with light gray ash.

Stefan's eyes lit up once he saw the vial. "Where is it?" He asked eagerly.

Mikael began dipping a normal-looking dagger into the vial of ash. Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy." He finished.