21 » SUN AND MOON CURSE

Elijah and I found ourselves in the living room once again, sitting on the seats directly across from each other. Elijah was starting to discuss how the Sun and Moon curse came to fruition, as I listened intently. I had to get as much information out of him as possible, so my friends didn't think I woke him for nothing.

"So I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us," Elijah stated, which was more of a question.

"No. I'm sorry." I held my head down.

"And Katerina? She would have been released from my compulsion when I died."

"Klaus took her. We think that she may be dead." I couldn't help but smile a bit, Katherine was a real bitch.

"I doubt that. Not Klaus' style. Death would be too easy for her after what she did." His face held a small smirk as well.

"I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him."

"I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay. There was a time...I'd have done anything for Klaus."

He began to tell the story of how he, Klaus, and Katherine met, in England of 1492. It was apparently Klaus' birthday, and Katherine had traveled from Bulgaria.

"I still don't get how you're connected to him, I mean both of you guys are pretty indestructible." I brought up.

"Niklaus and I share the same mother." Elijah finally spouted.

My jaw practically dropped to the floor at this point. How did we not connect the dots? I sat there in silence, trying to put the pieces of my brain back together.

"Wait- hold on, what?"

"Yes. Klaus is my brother." He repeated matter-of-factly.

I waved my hand in the air as if I were dismissing him. "I heard that. I'm still processing." I placed my index fingers to my temples."Yes, I'm a little behind on the times, but I believe the term you're searching for is "O.M.G." Elijah took a sip from a tiny teacup that was on a coffee table between us.

"Okay, tea," I smirked, attempting to prop myself up in the armchair I was sitting in. I crossed my legs in front of me and straightened my back. Things were getting interesting. "So there's a whole family of Originals?"

"My father was a wealthy landowner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore seven children."

"So your parents were human?"

"Our whole family was," he began, "Our origin as vampires is a very long story, Kennedy. Just know...We're the oldest vampires in the world. We are the Original family, and from us, all vampires were created."

Something still didn't make sense.

"Right, but Klaus is your brother. And you want him dead?"

"I need some air. I'm still feeling a tad...dead. Come." He stood from his seat and began walking towards the doors that led to the courtyard. I silently followed.

"I'm surprised your companions haven't wondered where you were," Elijah started, "We've been gone for a while."

"They're busy making sure Elena isn't sacrificing herself. She's been extra suicidal lately." I rolled my eyes.

"It must be strenuous, always looking after Elena. Or to at least always have her at the center of attention at all times."

"Well we have to look after her," I sighed, "or else she'd be dead."

"But doesn't it pain you that Elena is always at the forefront? From the looks of it, your friends couldn't care less of what happens to you."

"That's not true," I swallowed hard. The words he said weren't false, which is what worried me. What if I was going through all of this trouble for these people that didn't even care about me?