30 » BACK TO YOU

"Are you kidding me!?"

Ava's obnoxious laugh filled her room as she moved her game piece ahead of her brother's.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game." She shrugged. She threw the dice in my direction which miserably landed in front of me. I picked it up and started rolling it in my hands.

"Hey, don't complain Miles. At least you're not in last place." I jokingly frowned, which sent Ava into another fit of laughter.

"That is pretty tragic. You suck." Miles knocked over my game piece with his pinkie.

"Don't be rude." I chuckled.

I finally let the dice go in front of me. It quickly went to a stop, landing on the number four. Miles let out a quick laugh before Ava hit his shoulder. I picked up my fallen piece before moving in four spaces ahead onto a bright red tile that read, "You twisted your ankle, move back to the start."

Suddenly the doorbell rang. I took my game piece and knocked down Miles and Ava's.

"Game over. I guess no one wins." I stood up and left the room. Ava's and Miles' footsteps followed me to the front door.

"Someone's a sore loser." Miles joked before opening the front door.

"Hey, last time I checked, you weren't winning either." Ava defended me.

"At least I wasn't losing." Miles shrugged and took the pizza from the delivery guy. "Thanks."

I tipped the guy and closed the door. My eyes rolled at Miles' comment. "That literally makes no sense but okay."

Miles took the pizza to the living room and placed it on the coffee table. He picked up one of the remotes and started clicking a bunch of buttons.

"What movie should we watch?" He looked at both of us.

"Something scary." The bubblier twin answered. She leaped onto the couch and opened the pizza box. I took a slice of the meat lover's pizza and took a large bite.

"Sounds nice," I said through each chew. "But I gotta head home soon."

"What?" Ava picked up a slice as well. "Bitch the night just started."

"I know, but my friend is gonna be worried about me."

Ava dramatically sighed and took a bite of her pizza. Miles continued to look through the movies in the horror category.

"Just one movie," Ava pleaded. "Then you can go home."

I paused for a moment, genuinely considering my response. In reality, I wanted to go back to Mystic Falls tonight to check on the gang. I doubted that Stefan would've stayed there for long, but it was worth checking.

"Fine. One movie." I sat in an armchair to the left of the couch Ava and Miles were on. Miles's eyes followed me as I sat down.

"I guess that means I gotta pick a good one." he joked.

"Yup, that's exactly what it means."

"Annabelle: Creation it is. Ava, turn off the lights." Ava got up and followed her twin brother's orders.

The three of us watched the movie in silence while finishing the pizza off. The last thing I remembered was Annabelle's demon almost dragging Linda into a well.

"Kennedy. Kennedy!" My eyes shot open at the frantic voice. I was met by a pair of icy blue eyes.

"Damon?" I said groggily. "What are you doing here?"