32 » LITTLE WARRIOR

Senior prank night. The infamous high school ritual. The night before the first year of school, the upcoming seniors riddle the building with booby traps and old pranks. The gang was at Mystic Falls High while Kennedy sneaking off to the Salvatore residence. She had spent all day planning her way into the mansion before finding out that both Stefan and Damon were gone. Stefan was running around with Klaus and no one knew where Damon was. It was relatively easy for Kennedy to make her way inside since Damon the big bad vampire had no need to lock his door.

Kennedy stood at the entrance of the mansion with the door wide open. She drew in a breath, smelling the familiar scents of bourbon, dust, and cheap cologne. She couldn't help but feel a bit of nostalgia, for a while she had called this place her home. A lot of memories were made here and not even several months of death could get rid of them. Kennedy closed the door behind her, making sure to leave the door unlocked so she wouldn't draw any suspicion.

On the other side, Kennedy watched everyone closely, especially Damon and Elena. She remembered how dedicated they were to find Stefan- even more than bringing her back to life. Her face screwed up just thinking about it.

Kennedy found herself in Damon's room, where she had seen him track Stefan for weeks. She remembered he had a map where he tracked his brother all along the east coast. When Kennedy went to look in the exact spot where she had remembered it, the map was gone. No sign of where they believed Stefan could be.

"Dammit!" Kennedy sighed under her breath.

She closed the vanity and continued scanning the room for any hidden clues. Kennedy walked over to a pile of aged papers that were spread out lazily on Damon's nightstand. The first paper on the top of the pile was titled "Sanitatem Divina". Kennedy picked it up, skimming the paper in confusion. The entire paper was in Latin, so she needed Bonnie to translate it for her. The only problem is that she'd need to take it with her, but she didn't want Damon to notice anything was missing.

The smell of dust, venom, and roses crept into the house. Kennedy's werewolf senses picked it up almost instantly, causing the hairs on her neck to stand up. Every person had a signature smell to werewolves, this smell meant a new person was approaching.

"Hello? Who's there?" Kennedy called out. She wasn't afraid, at least she didn't want to display any fear. As the smell got closer, she realized that the person reeked of vampirism. It was stronger than anything she ever smelled.

"Sweetheart," an accented voiced caused Kennedy to shudder. "Might I ask what you're doing here?" The voice came from a small blonde woman, whose presence seemed bigger than her figure.

"No." Kennedy crosses her arms against her chest. "But you can tell me what you're doing here."

"You are quite the fiery little girl." The blonde woman chuckled condescendingly. "Werewolves, hm. Always out of their element. Considering you are in the Salvatore's home, you could be of use to my brother and I. Come with me."

Kennedy rolled her eyes. Her heartbeat was at a normal rate. She wasn't scared. "You've got to be kidding me. This is almost funny. Do you think I'd let some random woman come in here and tell me what to do? You're in my friend's home. You have no right to be here." Kennedy's heart hurt. She wasn't quite sure if she could consider the Salvatores as friends, but she needed to say anything to get out of the situation.

"Well, considering that you're in here sneaking around instead of out there with the rest of them, I don't think this is the house of your companion." The woman took a step closer to her. "Look, you leave with me now, no one has to get hurt."

"Oh, but someone will." Kennedy leaped over to the woman's position and forced her to the ground.

Kennedy nipped at the air around her, hoping to bite the woman. This feat didn't last for long, the woman easily lifted Kennedy off of her and threw her across the room until she hit a wall. It was a known fact that vampires were generally stronger than werewolves. But this strength was different, it was beyond supernatural. The impact made her fall limp to the floor. She was quite literally seeing stars.