Chapter 1

It all started with a chase in Mobius, a planet inhabited by sentient animals, 117,63222 light years from Planet Earth...

Both hedgehogs sped across the largest forest in Mobius, the Egg-Forest. The world was a blur to the hedgehogs running near the speed of sound. The black one clutching a bag and the blue one right behind, left wakes of golden and cerulean streaks.

Right, right, then a left. This route was strangely familiar. Sonic knew where the path ended. And it's definitely not a good sign.

"Hey Shadow, you really have to stop! What's gotten into you?" The blue blur exclaimed as he tried to spin dash against the ultimate life form but failed.

No reply.

But the hero of Mobius showed no signs of giving up.

"At least tell me why you are doing this" Sonic asked as Shadow gnashed his teeth. He held the bag tightly in his right palm and with the other released emerald spears. Sonic yelped as they sliced through his arms, as sharp as a broken glass sword. 

"You are lucky I have my inhibitor rings on". He growled and accelerated forward. The golden rings on both of his wrists limited his powers. The full force of Chaos energy will be unleashed if they were taken off. But he kept them on as doing so would drain all his energy away from him, leaving him weak and powerless. 

The blue hedgehog got up to his feet. 

"You won't get away that easily", he muttered under his breath.

Ignoring the gash created from the impact, Sonic sped forward. He picked up the pace in mere seconds and was neck and neck with Shadow. 

"Shadow, come on! Why are you doing this? You will bring more chaos to all of us if you side with him!". He knew who Sonic was referring to.

"Argh!" Shadow bellowed in frustration, unable to stand the nagging hedgehog. They both finally came to a stop.

"Eggman promised that he would reveal the mysteries to my past if I hand over all seven chaos emeralds to him"

"And you believe that guy? And secretly gathered all of them just for...this?", Sonic roared as Shadow sighed. "It is the only way Sonic". Sonic paused to think. Shadow did suffer from a huge memory loss since the unfortunate incident on Space Colony Ark, fifty years ago. He would do whatever it takes to know the truth. 

The truth that only Eggman knew. 

"How do you know for sure that Eggman would do as he promised and not use you to his advantage? There is no telling what evil will come upon the planet if he gets his hands on these miracle gems". The question made Shadow ponder deeper.

He did make a good point. The evil genius has never kept his promises. Ever. 

But Shadow zipped past him towards Eggman's Lair without any reply. Sonic stood there watching as the streaks fade behind. 

"I hope he chooses the right decision". He sighed. 

Shadow chaos blast-ed the doors into smithereens and came to a halt before the scientific genius. Eggman turned around to see his perfect door melt away in the intense heat.

"You know, you could have just rang the doorbell and I would have opened the door for you"

Shadow rolled his eyes. "I have gotten all seven chaos emeralds doctor", he tossed the bag towards Eggman. He twisted his glorious brown mustache and grabbed the bag with a sneer.

"Wonderful work Shadow, now that I have all seven, I would finally be able to power up the super nuclear cannon and fire the blue rodent once and for all". His signature laugh echoed eerily across the bleak lair. "Nice move there Shadow" Rouge said as she admired the emeralds in Eggman's hands.