Chapter 11

All the shock turned into anger for most of them. 

"WHY YOU--"

"Knuckles! Calm down now--" Sonic attempted to cool down the red echidna. 

"--YOU--DARE TO USE ME?" Knuckles burnt in rage as Shadow placed a hand on him.

"This isn't fair Doctor, Angel Island needs the power of the master emerald, and to do that, it also needs the power of chaos emeralds and you know it!", Shadow said as Sonic agreed. 

"Yeah Egghead, we need the chaos energy asap".

Eggman frowned, "Except I don't know what form it is stored and where. My robots and I were here for a long time and we still haven't figured out where it is, but I know it is stored here somewhere..."

Tails looked at his device as it blinked red on the spot where the cave was. Tails began to think as he sat down on a rock. 

"So...the chaos energy must be inside the cave"

Everyone stopped and listened to Tails. "What did you just say Tails?" Sonic asked.

"Don't you see, the chaos energy tracking device is supposed to spot where the chaos energy is and where its signal is coming from. If the device indicates to the cave, maybe that's where the energy is stored". 

"But why a cave, an ancient cave, miles away from Mobius?" Knuckles asked. 

"Yeah why can't it be something related to the chaos energy like you said before Tails?", Amy asked as everyone nodded. 

How can a mere cave be linked to the chaos energy. And we have certainly never encountered this cave before. Tails thought harder.

Everyone started thinking. "Maybe we should open this humongous door first to find out", Eggman said as the robots tried to break the cave door down. Eggman fired missiles at the door but the door didn't open. It stayed golden: Without a single scratch from whatever Eggman just did.

"Impossible! Do you think a door can stop me?" Eggman raged, drawing himself up to his full height. 

"Everyone stop, please", Cream said as she pointed out to the door. "As you can see, there is a keyhole on the magical door. So we are supposed to find the key and not break the door". 

Eggman banged his fist on the egg-mobile, "Great, now I have to go treasure hunting?".

Sonic turned to him, "Looks like it". Sonic chuckled at the thought as Eggman refused angrily. "Decoe, Becoe, start searching now!".

Everyone searched high and low for the mysterious key. It took hours, for them to find it. "Chao Chao!", Cheese echoed as the golden key shone in her hand under the moonlight. Decoe snatched it from Cheese as Cheese fell on the ground and groaned in pain.

"Mister robot, that wasn't very nice of you", Cream said as she lifted Cheese "Listen kid, we aren't very nice people", Decoe said as he hi-fived Becoe. Eggman laughed as he held the key in his hand. Sonic spindashed it out of his hands as Eggman bellowed, "NOOO GET BACK HERE WITH MY KEY".

"No way, Egghead. The key is not yours in the first place", Sonic had the key in his hand as he tossed it to Knuckles. Knuckles catched it as Eggman's fleet of robots arrived from within the bushes. 

I knew this was coming. What was an Eggman battle without his army of robots? 

Sonic dashed. Everyone started battling. Knuckles did his super punch by jumping and slamming the ground. The key flew in midair as Decoe and Becoe reached for it.

But no. Both robots clashed into each other as key landed in Shadow's hand. "I would like to have a feel of how the key is like, you know...", Amy said as Shadow looked at her and sighed. He threw the key to Amy. Amy was about to catch it but Becoe came in the middle and catched it. "Hey, that's not fair, GET BACK HERE!", Amy swung her hammer at the blue robot as the key flew to Eggman.

"I will take that!", Eggman said as he did his signature laugh. Amy glared at Eggman as Shadow crossed his arms. 

"Finally after all this nonsense, and a waste of time", Eggman looked at his watch as it showed 1.00am and continued, "I have the magical key to unlock the door and have all the chaos energy to myself!".

Sonic sighed as he sat down. Eggman eagerly went towards the cave door and placed the key in and tried to turn it. Everyone watched in anticipation. What was behind the door? How was the chaos energy stored? Will the energy be returned to the respective places?

Eggman tried to turn the key but the key didn't turn. He tried turning it the other way round but it was futile.

"WHAT?!?"

Eggman tried and tried but failed. 

Why? Shadow thought. That is the correct key. It matches the colour and design of the door. I can feel its chaos energy. But how?