Chapter 27

FINALE!

I entered the portal and the portal transported me to future Mobius (at that time). I then used the cable and connected the key to the chaos emeralds as the emeralds gained it's original energy back. I used the emeralds (just like in Sonic 06') to open a portal to travel through time---to the past

I jumped out of it. The key and cable, disappeared from my hands as in the past, those things didn't exist. I was filled with determination to put an end to all of this and thus, I yelled, "STOPPP!!!". AND that's how your actions caused a devastation to another universe.

END OF FLASHBACK

Everyone stood there in silence as they thought about what Silver had said. "All this would not have happened if all the energy was safely returned to the emeralds. Since you guys knew that the energy is in the key, why didn't you create a device to transfer the energy from key to emeralds, why must you open the portal? And even if you did, why did you enter it, Eggman?", I asked.

"Well, at first I thought you were purposely making up a story to convince all of us, but that Eggman you are talking about is kind of like me and did the things just like what I would have done...", Eggman said.

"We really didn't mean to cause all this Silver", Sonic said as he placed an arm around Silver. "Yeah...I get it, things happen really fast, and our future depends on every choice we make", Silver said as everyone nodded. Silver looked at the key in Eggman's hands.

"Professor Slickstein created a super cable that is able to connect with the key and emeralds and transfer energy from emeralds to key and vice versa. Since I had observed what he did very closely, I think I would be able to create it! But I need your help", he said as everyone went to Eggman's lair. Silver began to do the experiment. Within hours, the cable was ready.

Sonic handed over the emeralds to Silver. Eggman placed the key in the middle as Silver connected the emerald shards to the key. The emeralds gained energy and became just like how they used to be.

"You did it Silver! You fixed the chaos emeralds!", Knuckles said happily as Silver smiled. He gave the device and key to Shadow. Shadow smiled with tears in his eyes. 

"You still have that device?", he asked as Silver nodded. Shadow placed the key and device side by side as the key transferred it's energy to the device. Shadow's time travelling device glowed in golden and silver colours. Shadow attached it to his left wrist as he felt the chaos connection between him and the device.

"Now that the device and emeralds got their energy back, it's now time to power the master emerald!", Tails said as everyone climbed on Tails' airplane while Sonic and Shadow got on the extreme gears.

They all flew to Angel Island. It was again a long journey. Once they all reached the Island. Knuckles grabbed the key and ran towards the master emerald. He looked at the black master emerald as Eggman said,

"According to what Silver said, some of the energy of the master emerald is in the device I created back in the lair".

Eggman turned around and signaled his robot assistants.

"On it boss!", They both chorused as they went and came back within minutes. Knuckles connected Eggman's tracking device and Tails' tracking device with the key. With all the master emerald's energy now in the key, Knuckles placed the key on the master emerald with the super cable as the master emerald glowed brighter green. Angel Island began to rise as everyone cheered.

Everything finally went back to normal.

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!", Eggman laughed as he waved the bag full of chaos emeralds. "With these, Eggman Empire will finally come to be!", he said as he got on the Egg-mobile and flew away.

"YOU GET BACK HERE WITH THEM RIGHT NOW EGGHEAD!", Sonic yelled as he went chasing after him. "We are right behind you guys!", Amy said as she ran, swinging her hammer. Everyone started to chase Eggman.

But Silver didn't

He looked at them and shook his head and sighed. "Things really are back to normal...", he smiled as he said it. Another problem solved. The future of 2 universes are saved-Angel Island in Mobius and Inspector Gadget's Universe. He thought to himself as he kept the super cable and key to himself and flew away, to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands.

"One mystery successfully unraveled!", he thought to himself happily. He wondered of the adventures he was going to have next.

BACK IN INSPECTOR GADGET UNIVERSE

"That's strange, I had the most weirdest dream ever--no wait! A nightmare!", Dr. Claw said. "My plans were a flop!", he complained as Talon shook his head, "I dreamt that I took over the whole HQ and it was so amazing! But I still don't get how these things are actually possible!", Talon thought out loud as Dr. Claw knocked Talon's head.

"Okay fun's over, NEXT TIME GADGET, NEXT TIME!!", He yelled at Talon sighed and face palmed.

"Professor, please don't tell me that I am the only one who experienced a strange vision...", Penny said as Professor laughed. "All these must be an illusion Penny!". But he then started to think about it. 

"How can everyone have the same vision at the same time?", he went to check his notebook and saw that it was blank.

"Strange!", he said as Gadget came in.
"WOWZERS!!"

He exclaimed, "I had the most fun adventure ever!!But I also feel that something really strange is going on around here...". Chief nodded as he added on, "I feel like I am living in moments I already lived in!"

"Same!", Penny replied.

"I remember in our visions, Silver said that there could be possibilities where we will not be able to remember these things. I am just relieved that we can remember them!", Professor said.

"Anyways, excellent work everyone! We finally put an end to all the problems MAD and Eggman were causing and saved Metro City, with the help of some of our friends from Mobius!", Chief said. 

"It's really amazing how the things that happened in our visions feel like memories of things that actually happened somewhere in the past", Penny said sadly. 

"I wish we can all meet them again some day", Gadget said.

"I have to do some research on this...", The Professor took a few steps forward and dramatically spun around.

"There are still mysteries to unravel!", he exclaimed and made his way to the HQ laboratory. Everyone laughed out loud as things went back to how they used to be.

THE END