Chapter 17

I quickly placed the items found in a zip lock bag using my psychokinesis and flew from the spot.

Stay calm Silver. They must have gotten bored and went for a little walk around town.

I tried not to panic as the attempt fails miserably.

Maybe someone found them, kidnapped them and they are in danger.

My golden eyes frantically searched the area below, hoping to spot something unusual in the sea of humans.

This must be Eggman's doing.

But how did he find them?

Or maybe it's the other guy. Dr. Claw.

I reached the flower shop sooner than I had expected.

Looking around twice to make sure I was alone, I fell into HQ. 

I landed with my right palm flat on the surface, knees bent. Looking heroic as I made my dramatic entrance.

Penny turned around in complete surprise.

"Silver! Where have you been? I have been searching all over HQ for you. I wanted to run through the basics of handling cases" Numerous screens popped up from her bracelet as she started swiping them, one by one. She paused when a screen with my photo and details were featured.

The photo that was taken without my knowledge.

The tasks that I have yet to do as a new agent displayed on the screen, like a long grocery shopping list.

Should I tell her about the evidence?

Might as well tell the whole story if I do that

My mind debated with itself as I thought of the next step. 

Penny interrupted my thoughts. "Never mind, now that you are here you can start on your basic training." she took a few steps in front and gestured towards me to follow her. We walked across the heart of HQ to the XpressLifts.

I awed at the voice activated elevators as it greeted us when we entered.

"Welcome to the XpressLifts. Which floor would you like to go to?"

Penny smiled and introduced me to the latest technology.

"The TOP." she told the lift. 

"Please look at the camera" A spherical bot extended from the side and emitted red beams of light onto her eyes.

"Scan complete. Hello Penny. Access to the TOP approved." The robotic voice replied.

"Does it always scan your eyes when you use the lift?" I queried as she shook her head in disagreement.

"The TOP is where our chief's office is. Only elite staff are granted access as it is a private and restricted floor."

I nodded, looking below at the transparent floor of the lift as it rose higher. "Why are you bringing me along? I'm not part of your elite team" I frowned.

Penny laughed. "No, no. All new agents have to complete missions which are given by the chief. And he will decide whether you are capable of being an agent, and which department to put you in" 

I looked at the zip lock bag that was crushed in my clenched fist and frowned. Guess I have to analyse it later...on my own

Suddenly, my vision became black as Penny blindfolded me. She mentioned before that the chief's office was to remain a secret, and the way to get there must also remain unknown.