Chapter 22

Dr. Claw, Talon and MadCat broke out of the prison cell as Dr. Claw shot the other prison cells that contained MAD Agents. The whole MAD agency escaped as HQ Agents tried their best to stop them. But they were all threatened by the random gunshots by Dr. Claw.

"STAND BACK OR I WILL SHOOT!", he said as he turned around to Talon. "Uncle, you better aim carefully, you don't have a gun licence! I don't want to die young, you know", Talon whispered as he started adjusting his hair. 

"Shut up! I know what I'm doing. Anyways, I need you to go grab those shattered emeralds and key while I go back to one of the other lairs and create the super cable", "Uncle Claw, can't we just steal the super cable along with the emeralds and key and not create the super cable? It will be a lot faster and--", "--I make the plans here Talon and don't try to act smart. Now get going, if you fail this time as well, your punishment will be more severe", Dr. Claw interrupted Talon as he rolled his eyes and flew away.

Dr. Claw lead the whole MAD agency out of the HQ and got past all the security features. Talon flew around secretly in search of where we were. Suddenly he bumped into Inspector Gadget.

"WOWZERS! Oh hello Penny's friend!", he said as Talon grew angrier. 

"Again...I am not Penny's--wait--I am definitely Penny's friend! Do you know where Silver and his friends are hiding? I think I got lost", Talon asked with a cheeky smile. 

"Oh they are hiding in Silver's room around that corner over there, level 5.", Gadget pointed towards his left as Talon smirked.

"Thanks Gadget!", Talon saluted stylishly and flew off as Brain came running towards Gadget and face palmed. Brain opened up his codex and Penny appeared on his screen. Brain tried to warn her by barking and using sign languages. "Not now Brain, I'm busy helping the chief along with Silver!", Penny said as Brain's call was cut off. Brain sighed. (if only he could talk like silver and friends...)

Talon flew to the fifth floor and tried to find the door with Silver's name. He was about to knock on it. He thought for a moment and decided not to. He took a few steps back and knocked down the door. Everyone was in a state of shock as Talon barged in and in a flash, grabbed the bag of emeralds and key and flew out. "Thanks guys! See you later!", he said as Amy took out her hammer. "Why you!!!", she was about to hit his head but missed. 

"Chaos spear!", Shadow chaos speared his hair as his hair was cut into half. Shadow smirked, feeling proud of his aim.

"NOOOO!!! YOU SHALL PAY!", Talon screamed while flying out as Sonic was about to chase him, but was stopped by Knuckles. "We must stop him Knuckles, he is getting away!"

"Penny told us to stay here where it's safe! You don't want us to all get lost again and not get found, do you?", "BUT--*sigh*", Sonic sighed as he saw Talon happily fly out of HQ.

"YES!! I did it Uncle C, I have gotten the emerald shards and key!", Talon said as he saw Dr. Claw in the lair on his bracer. He did a little spin while flying in the air. "Yes...now come quick. The head of the MAD science department has started creating the super cable and we need those emerald shards ASAP!!!"

"OK chillax, I'm coming!", Talon turned off his bracer and sighed.

BACK IN HQ

"OH NO!", Chief exclaimed as Penny and I came into the main office room. "What's the matter Chief? What is going on?", I asked as Chief continued, "Dr. Claw and the whole MAD agency escaped from prison and are nowhere to be seen".

"This is really bad!", Penny reacted as I asked, "But how is this possible? HQ has high tech security systems". Chief lowered his head. "I'm afraid it's the secret weapons that Dr. Claw carried with him, which aided him in his escape"

Professor thought aloud, "But we scanned all the MAD agents and confiscated all their weapons before locking them up. So how did Claw have a robot with him?", he asked while replaying the camera footage of Claw blasting the prison lock and the cameras there. "And a gun?", he said. I scrutinized it and gasped. 

"That's Shadow's gun!! That pistol was given to him by G.U.N. , the latest and most expensive model on Mobius".

The professor exclaimed again, "Of course! The robot and gun are from Mobius, the technology used to create them is far different from this world. The X-rays cannot detect them! How could I have forgotten this?".

"Now how are we going to track him and the whole MAD agency down? They could be anywhere now", Penny said as I thought for a while. "There must be a reason behind all of this...", I said as the chief walked by the table and said, "What do you mean?".

"I mean things happen for a reason right? There must be a reason why Dr. Claw escaped from prison after the super cable was created...I mean he could have just escaped in an instant but why after the super cable was created?". Everyone thought of that question as Gadget replied, "Maybe he is up to something really sneaky, and we have to find out!".

Everyone was shocked as I said, "Finally, you are getting it Gadget! You, Brain and Chief can check the security camera footage while Penny and the professor check the area for any clues or whether all items in the HQ are safe, especially the super cable. I will check on my friends back in the room". Chief nodded as Penny said, "Let's do this!".

I flew to the room where you guys were and opened it slowly. "Finally! What took you so long Silver?", Shadow asked as Sonic added on, "Talon barged into the room, stole the bag of emeralds and key and escaped from HQ! We didn't want to go after him because you guys told us to stay here so that we won't get lost again".

I looked at the situation as it got even worse. "The portal is closed, we are stuck in this unknown universe, the emeralds are shattered and the key and emerald shards are with a villain....what could be even worse than this?", Knuckles said worriedly.

Well, at least Eggman is with us...?

BACK TO PRESENT
"Can you stop it with the cliffhangers Silver?", Eggman said impatiently as Silver raised his hand in the air, "Oh but this is just the beginning, we haven't reached the climax yet...."