Chapter 24

I stared angrily at Dr. Claw and Talon. They were laughing out loud. "What is your plan? Why are you doing this?", I asked as Claw turned around. 

"Didn't you hear it the first time I said it?"

"Yes I did but why did Talon tell Penny to make sure that Eggman reaches the lair? He can figure out how to do so right?....oh no!", I said as I realised their evil plan all along.

IT'S A TRAP!!

I realised that he wanted to trap Penny and the other agents that follow her to the lair to release Eggman in an attempt to save me! I panicked as I started to try my very best to get out of that gum.

It's no use...It's already too late. Penny, Gadget, Brain and the professor must be on their way with Eggman right now. I looked at the floor in sadness as I thought to myself: What have I gotten my friends and I into?

I am not even a real hero, heroes are not supposed to let their friends down. If I had stopped all of them including Eggman from entering that portal, none of this would have happened...
I started to feel guilty as Talon's bracer glowed. "They must be nearby", he said as he flew out.

Penny, Gadget, Brain, Professor along with Eggman, came on the Gadget mobile. They landed as Gadget asked Penny, "Are you sure about this Penny?", he asked as she nodded. "We have to save Silver. He is important and it is our job to bring him and his friends safely back to their home, remember?". They entered the lair as Talon lead the way in.

Suddenly, Talon fished out his gum gun and shot everyone to the wall. Except Eggman. Dr. Claw freed Eggman by breaking the handcuffs. Eggman stretched his arms as he turned to Claw. 

"I have fixed the emeralds and they are back to their original state". Eggman looked at all 7 emeralds and nodded his head. "We really need help from the expert who is experienced in using the chaos energy for evil", Dr. Claw bowed down as Eggman twisted his mustache, with pride.

"Eggman, it's a trap! Set by Dr. Claw and Talon to---", Talon stuffed a cloth in my mouth and went back to Dr. Claw. "What was that fool trying to say?", Eggman asked as Claw waved his hands, "Oh nothing, just uttering nonsensical stuff, as usual". 

Eggman turned to the emeralds and continued, "These 7 chaos emeralds can be used for both good and evil purposes. Annoying hedgehogs like Sonic, Shadow and Silver use them for good while I use them for evil purposes. Many of my evil plans are ruined by mostly Sonic, the blue one. Seldom Shadow and now Silver", He said while glaring at me and turned back to Claw and Talon.

"Wait, did you just say, Silver?" Talon asked Eggman. "Shut up Talon, names are not important right now. Get your priorities right" Claw scolded.

"No but his name is also Silver, he is an agent along with Gadget and Penny" Talon said.

"Or is he?" Eggman went closer and grabbed my shades and glasses. He smashed the glasses under his feet and tore the hat away.

"Silver! What a pleasant surprise" Eggman said with such sarcasm and went back to Claw.

"Wait if you're here, means the other losers must be back in HQ." Talon laughed as he got his face closer towards mine. A smirk plastered on his face. "Still in room 512 I presume"

I was shocked. "Impossible! How do you know that?" Talon backed away and hovered in mid air with his boots. "Your elite friend Gadget told me" He laughed like a maniac. "Such a fool he is" Talon mocked and flew out of the lair.

Eggman began to work on the Eclipse Cannon together with Dr. Claw. As far as I can remember, Talon flew to HQ and took control of it, since essential members like Chief, Gadget, Penny and professor weren't there. All the agents came under Talon's control.

"I always wanted a MAD agency to take control off but this is amazing!", he said as he brought you guys to the lair and imprisoned you all (sonic and friends) together with us. We were all imprisoned in the same cell with our hands tied. We were only given plain rice and water to eat. We didn't fell like eating but after a few days, we were famished and had no choice but to do so.

Eggman and Claw finished building the eclipse cannon together in just a few months. They went inside it and were about to fly it out into space above the planet Earth. "Can I please join you guys on this mission? This is really cool! This is what real villains are supposed to do you know!?", Talon pleaded but stopped exclaiming as Claw stared angrily at Talon on his screen. Talon was cut off by Claw as he looked sadly at the screen go off his purple bracer.

He then looked angrily at us, as if we were the cause of all this to happen (well yes, technically. But still-no). He told the other MAD agents to guard the cell as he took off from the lair. We explained to the HQ agents what the eclipse cannon is about and its history as Professor moaned about the fact that he was unable to note down all those information in his handy notebook, at that point in time. They gasped as we told them about the chaos emeralds and it's ability to power up the eclipse cannon.

"This is terrible! Not only Metro city but our whole world will be put to great danger!", Professor said as Tails replied, "Not only does this affect this world, it will also have negative side effects on our universe as well! The chaos emeralds are from our universe. Using them to power something in another universe especially with the master emerald's energy combined will definitely cause something major, negative effects we have never encountered before. Maybe the collision of the two universes or---"

"Tails, you are scaring Cream and cheese", Amy said as they all saw the poor bunny and chao shivering in fear. "Sorry, but it is the truth", Tails said. 

"We have to do something and we have to do it fast!", Knuckles said as everyone nodded.

"We don't have much time left, the cannon should be up in space in about a few hours and the emeralds are with Eggman and Claw", Shadow said. 

"Eggman is doing all the dirty work for Claw and he doesn't realise that Claw maybe using him. He thinks that the plans that failed in Mobius will miraculously work in this world!", Sonic complained. I began to think.

How do we stop them and save the world???