Chapter 26

All the shock turned into rage for most of the people on the ark.

"GADGET! YOU SHOULD HAVE LET ME USE MY CHAOS CONTROL!",

Shadow exclaimed angrily as Sonic held him back. "Calm down Shadz! Mistakes happen!", he said as Chief nodded. "He is right, it's how we deal with them that matters now", he said. I turned to Eggman as he twisted his moustache in victory. Professor asked, "But it's no use now that the chaos emeralds are in that cannon, how are we going to get them out?". I thought about it and an idea came to my mind. "I know what to do...but this concerns the whole timeline and major things to happen".

"I have decided to go back to the past"

Everyone gasped.

Professor exclaimed, "You...Can do that? But... That will affect all of us...the whole Universe and--"

"Going back will erase all the moments of us meeting each other, it's like these events never happened...we will all forget everything...", Penny said worriedly. 

"I'm sure there are other possible solutions and not only this right?", Cream asked sadly. I thought about it...

Eggman said, while taking Shadow's time travelling device, that he wanted the ability to go back in time to finish some unfinished business... I recalled as I went up to the evil genius. 

"Hey Eggman, didn't you say that you took the time travelling device Shadow had because you wanted to travel through time? I mean what is the point of destroying everything where you have no one to rule over? I mean that's just a waste of time and energy am I right?", Silver said as Eggman thought about it.

"Hmm...you know what? You're right! I still do have that device...", he said as he reached for his pocket and a black, antique looking device came out in his palm. Shadow saw it and raged even more.

"GIVE THAT TO ME!!", He said as everyone held him back. 

"WHY ARE YOU ALL STOPPING ME? I--"

"Now, for the real master plan...", Eggman said as he stopped the cannon and the chaos emeralds came out. He thought for a moment. "Where do you think the chaos energy for the device is in? The key? Or the emeralds?", he asked as I replied, "Oh Eggman, It's obviously in the emeralds because you are talking about chaos energy see!".

Eggman nodded his head and continued, "You know Silver, you are not that worse like I thought you would be...you will make a really good sidekick!", he said as everyone gasped. 

"Silver? You are not supposed to help him!", Sonic said.

"TRAITOR!!", Shadow screamed as he shot a chaos spear at me. I directed it's direction away from me using my powers.

"Now, I won't be needing this nonsense anymore!", Eggman said as he threw the key away. I grabbed the key and kept it with me. Eggman tried to connect the chaos emeralds with the device as nothing happened. "Silver, why isn't it working? The energy is supposed to transfer to the device". I shouted, "SHADOW USE YOUR CHAOS CONTROL TO STOP TIME AND GET THE CHAOS EMERALDS AND DEVICE AND GET US OUT OF HERE!".

"Wait...WHAT?!", Eggman exclaimed. 

"CHAOS CONTROL NOW!", Shadow stopped time.

"Not bad Silver..." he said, grabbing the chaos emeralds and device from Eggman who was frozen in time with everyone. It took a few seconds before time was up and everyone came back to normal. 

"CHAOS CONTROL!", Shadow said as he teleported the gang out of the ark in space, back to metro city.

"I have gotten the device and emeralds from Eggman", Shadow said. 

I tried to explain what I had had in mind.

"The energy is not in the emeralds but in the key..."

"How do you know that?", Amy asked as I replied. 

"Chaos emeralds contain the powers of the original chaos emeralds and nothing else. The key contains the remaining energy which is from the master emerald and the device". Shadow was about to connect the device and key as I stopped him.

"I am serious about my plan of going to the past...I need the key to travel to Mobius. So, I also need the chaos emeralds to go back in time. I also need the super cable to transfer the chaos energy because in the past, key contained the chaos energy of emeralds, master and device. We need the cable and it's the only hope for connecting the chaos energy and saving Angel Island, an island that is in danger because of the loss of chaos energy", I said sadly as I gathered the key, emeralds and used the super cable to transfer the energy back from emeralds to key.

"But travelling through time and changing the past will cause all of us to forget all of these things that happened, we will not even know you guys at all!", Penny said as Professor nodded sadly. 

"We can always take a selfie to remember these things...", he said.

"GO GO GADGET SELFIE STICK", a selfie stick extended from his hat as they all took a selfie together. 

"Aww that is very sweet of you Mr. Gadget", Cream said. Professor wiped a teardrop from his eye as the Chief blew his nose. 

"Yes...But only I can remember the things that happened since I'm the one directly travelling through time", I said as we all went to the place where the portal opened in the universe (in the first place). I placed the key in the air as it slowly unlocked the gateway.