Chapter 23

BACK TO FLASHBACK MODE

Talon reached the MAD lair as Dr. Claw was sitting on his armchair, with the super cable. "Wow Uncle C, you are really fast in doing things!", Talon said as Dr. Claw replied, "Yes, unlike you, now bring me those emeralds and key---what happened to your hair?", Claw asked as Talon placed the bag of emeralds and key in front of him and crossed his arms.

"HMPH...It was all that hedgehog's fault...now my hair is sliced into half!!!My perfection is ruined!", Talon cried as Dr. Claw banged the table. 

"okay ENOUGH! Back to the emeralds here..", Dr. Claw said as he stared at the emeralds and key, trying to figure out what to do with them...

"You mean to say that you don't even know what to do with these?", Talon asked as Claw raged. 

"OBVIOUSLY!" 

MadCat fell off his lap as Talon kept silent. 

"The emeralds, key, super cable all belong to the Sonic Universe and I have no idea how these work", Claw said angrily as Talon replied, "Maybe you can start off by connecting the super cable with the emerald shards according to the Professor's theory". Dr. Claw nodded slowly as he carried out with that plan.

BACK TO HQ
I came out of the room and opened up my codex. Penny appeared on the screen. "Hey Silver, just to let you know, the professor and I are still carrying out investigations and so far, we haven't found any evidence...", I sighed and replied, "Oh...and by the way Penny, I just heard from my friends that Talon stole and escaped with the chaos emeralds and key!". 

Penny gasped, "Stupid Talon has done it again"

I continued, "I am planning to go after him. Any ideas on how I can track him down?". Penny thought for a while and replied when an answer popped in her mind. 

"His...Hair gel! You can track him down using the strong scent of his hair gel!", Penny said.

Not wanting to think of how she knew that and why she was smiling so much, I continued. "Okay, I will use the codex to do so, you guys stay safely in HQ okay?" I said. 

"Okay, good luck Silver!" Penny replied.

I exited HQ and turned on my codex. I changed some of the settings to track down the hair gel scent. The scent trail was coloured on my codex as I took off and followed the trail. I flew for a very long time and then spotted a lair from afar. I went closer and landed as the trail still continued inside the lair.

"Talon must be inside", I thought to myself as I walked closer towards the lair. I used my powers to break open the lair door. But before I could even react, I was immediately captured by the sticky gum from Talon's gum gun.

"Think you can enter the lair that easily huh?", Talon said as I tried to get out of the gum. "How did you know I was going to come here?", I asked as Talon laughed. "I installed a new function on my bracer, the Intruder Alert function. Whenever there is an intruder approaching from a 1,000 meter radius, my bracer glows. A screen appears and using the high tech cameras installed above the lair, I can see who it is", he said as I struggled to free myself and gave up. 

I turned my head towards Dr. Claw as he finished connecting the last chaos emerald shard. All the shards then glowed and magically rose. Shards joined with other shards of the same colour and formed back the original form of the chaos emeralds. The 7 chaos emeralds then slowly landed on the table.

We were all looking at that whole scene with our jaws dropped. Dr. Claw laughed in victory as Talon went to get a closer look.

"Amazing Uncle C, can we keep these in our world forever?", he asked. "Of course, that is our plan remember, ask Eggman to create something that could torture everyone in the whole universe and then make him our slave as well", Dr. Claw said as Talon gasped in surprise. "What?". 

"After all the power of the 7 emeralds combined, we will not need him anymore, we will either imprison him or force him to do what we say. We can even take control of Mobius!".

I had never been so shocked in my life. I tried to open up the codex to inform Penny using my hands but to no avail. Talon looks at me and added on, "What about this nosy agent?", he asked as Claw smiled evilly.

"I have a plan..."

Dr. Claw whispered something into Talon's ears as Talon smiled. He used my bracer to call Penny as Penny appeared on the screen. "Oh hey Silver, just to let you know that---Talon!? Why are you here? Where is Silver?", shocked to see him instead of a hedgehog.

"Oh he is safe here with me, but I need you to free Eggman and make sure that he comes here to our lair"

"I don't even know which lair you are in, or where it is located!".

"Listen! Don't play dumb with me. Just like how Silver found his way to come here, I suggest you do the same"

"I refuse to do all your dirty work Talon, this time we will stop you and the MAD agency".

"If you refuse, then Silver will pay for the consequences...he is trapped here so you decide", Talon said as he cut the call.

What is their plan anyway?