Intuition

It has been a couple of days, Conner and Milagros taught in their school and the children. The children loved them and had much respect for them. At that moment, the friends went to the nearby town to get a bite to eat. It was the late afternoon, and they walked to a small family restaurant.

They ordered their food and drinks and were left alone to speak of their day when they entered. "It has been a busy day. The kids have so much energy," stated Milagros.

Conner nodded in agreement. "Yup, to be honest, I never wanted to be a teacher. The kids can get out of control or be spoiled rotten, but as one gets more used to it."

"I know your dad forced you to come here, but he is thinking of your well-being."

"Both you say that I am not perfect. I make mistakes. My dad doesn't see that."

Milagros gave out a little sigh and gently patted his hand. "At times, we don't want to see what we have become. Your life was not going in the right direction. I was getting worried for you too. Your dad wants me to keep a close eye on you, to see your progress."

Conner gave out a small chuckle. "Thanks for your honesty. I can't blame you. My dad influences the organization, but once I prove myself, I can get him off my back."

Then, their food and drinks came, and the friends began to eat. While eating, Conner would stare at Milagros, and she began to notice. "What's up with the stares, Conner?"

"Are you busy this Friday?"

Milagros became thoughtful and nodded. "Yup, Antonio invited me to take me somewhere. Why?"

Conner became silent for a while as he ate. "Just asking. You know, that Antonio guy is quite bizarre."

"Why do you say that? He is quite a nice man."

"I don't know, but I feel something off about him. Like he is not all there."

Milagros sighed. "Not you too. Look, Conner. Antonio had it tough all his life. The villagers don't like him because he was a product of rape."

Conner's eyes became wide. "Woah."

She nodded as a response. "Even his grandparents don't love him. His mom died in childbirth."

"Heavy. What about his dad?"

Milagros shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know; Antonio hasn't told me. I doubt he knows his father. I can't imagine all the things he goes through."

Both kept on eating. However, Conner was thoughtful. "Look, I didn't know about the guy, but all I am saying is be careful with him. When a guy is so used to hate and loneliness but earns kindness from someone, they would do anything to get a hold of that kindness.

"You over exaggerate, Conner. Everything will be fine."

"Let's hope so..." Conner told himself.

As they kept on eating, neither of them knew that they were being watched.