Reaction

"Th-That man is your father!"

When the older man spoke those words, all stood still as mountains. 

Milagros's eyes became wide open. She covered her lips with her hands. Her eyes then trailed to Anthony and Conner. They both were shocked as she was. Anthony tried to speak.  Milagros then looked at Antonio. He was breathing heavily; his legs trembled. "S-Sir, how...is this possible?" she asked the elderly man.

He pointed at Anthony with his wooden cane. "He raped my daughter, my only child by the river! I will never forget the day when she came to us, destroyed!" A tear formed in the eyes of the older man. "My daughter was never the same; you destroyed her!" He got out of his grandson's hold. "What resulted in that violence is this!" He pointed at Antonio. "She died giving birth to him, who took his mother's life! She named him after you! The disgrace!"

Milagros was about to respond, but Conner interrupted her. He got a hold of his father, who never stopped staring at Antonio. "D-D-Dad! W-What the hell is going on!? What is he saying!? This must all be a lie! Right!?"

Anthony was filled with shock and confusion; he did not know what to say. "I-I don't know..."

"My daughter told me all the times you pursued her! She rejected you all the time! How could you not remember!?"

Anthony looked at the ground. He remembered when he was young that he came to the village and met Ixchel. To him, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes upon. He remembered all the times he asked her out and to be with him. Anthony still got the rejection. Then, there was the time when he got drunk one night and saw Ixchel, but then everything went bleak.

That was when he asked himself, did he do something to Ixchel while he was drunk? When he woke up from his stupor, he found himself with his pants unbuckled and shirt unbuttoned but thought nothing of it.

"D-Did, I hurt Ixchel?" he asked himself. Anthony then looked at Antonio, he did look like Ixchel, and the man before him was his son that he never knew he had. He was at a loss. "I-I...Antonio...I." 

Then without warning, a fist connected with his face. Anthony fell to the ground as Antonio was on top of him, punching him.

"How dare you!? How dare you rape my mother!" Antonio kept on punching him, but then Conner and some bystanders got him off of Anthony. "I am going to kill you, son of a bitch! You are no father of mine!"

Milagros was filled with horror. She went to him. "A-Antonio, please calm down! Please!"

Conner then looked at the bystanders. "Take him away!" The bystanders took Antonio away. Conner watched as they did. He was filled with dread when he found out that Antonio was his half-brother.