Anger

Antonio and Milagros stopped what they were doing. Milagros was bright red and could not look at Conner in the face. However, Antonio was a different story. He was furious that Conner stopped his opportunity.

The sight angered Conner before him. He had his suspicions about Antonio, but he did not realize that Milagros would act upon those actions. That is why Conner followed them both, and all his fears were brought to light. He got away from his car and walked closer to them. 

"What in the hell were you both doing!?"

Milagros did not answer, but Antonio did just that. "We were expressing ourselves, is that a crime?"

"Expressing what, Antonio?" Conner looked Antonio dead in the eye. "I knew that there was something off about you. You are not normal."

Antonio walked closer to his rival. "What are you trying to say?"

Both men got closer to one another, and they were face to face. 

"What I am saying is that you think you like Milagros, but you are trying to fill a hole that you have in yourself. Well, it is to be expected from someone who was conceived in rape."

This caught the attention of Milagros. "Conner, that was uncalled for!"

"What? He is a product of rape! He is just desperate for your attention that he never received when he was a child! He doesn't love you! He only thinks he does!" 

That was the last straw. Without warning, Antonio punched Conner in the face so hard that he fell onto the ground Antonio got on top of Conner and hit him.

Milagros immediately went to Antonio and tried to hold him off. "Antonio, please stop!"

Antonio raised his fist but did not make an impact. He looked at Conner, whose face was filled with blood and bruises. He got off of him. He breathed heavily and tried to regain his composure. 

"Go, Antonio. I need to talk with Conner alone."

Antonio was about to speak against it, but she was reassured when he looked at her face. He sighed and did what he was told. Before Antonio walked away, he gently held her hand. He got on his truck, turned it on, and drove off.

Conner and Milagros were left alone. 

Conner sat up but did not speak to her.

"You shouldn't have told him that. You knew how he would feel when you brought that topic up."

"I just told the truth."

Milagros looked at Conner. "What truth? Yours or his? There are many truths. You don't know how he feels. You assume because of his parentage."

Conner stood. "What do you feel for him?"

Milagros did not answer.

"Do you love him or lust for him? Those two are different concepts."

"H-He is a good man. I-"

"You just got in the moment when he touched you. I stopped him because I wanted to save you from your mistake."

Both were silent until Conner spoke again.

"I called my father about this situation."

"Y-You did what?"

"Yes, you might put this organization at risk for this. Yet, he told me that he was coming here."

"H-He is? When?"

"Tomorrow."