Bodies

Antonio drove towards the river with Milagros. Only the lights of the truck lit the way of the forest.

For Milagros, it was an eerie feeling for her, but in a sense, the night brought a sense a beauty to the woods. She felt a bit nervous but wasn't too fearful; she trusted Antonio more than Conner to an extent.

What seemed like an endless dark path, they arrived at the river. Antonio got out first as he went to open the door for Milagros. She gracefully got out of the truck, but she was surprised to see the sight before her once she got out.

There was a nice blanket by the river, with lit candles circling the blanket. There was a wooden basket by the mantle.

"What's this?" asked Milagros. She looked at Antonio, who looked away bashfully.

"I-I made this for you to relax. I noticed how stressed you were during the time we all were making the stands. I just wanted you to have a nice time."

Milagros felt her heart pound rapidly. A blush came across her face. She then saw him extend his hand towards her, and she gladly took hold of it.

They walked to the river and sat beside it. "Antonio opened the basket and got out some pan dulce. Both ate with their heart's content.

"Oh, these are so good!"

Antonio chuckled. "Agreed, they can cheer up the soul. They are my favorite." His face then turned a bit sad. "I heard that it was my mother's favorite."

Milagros looked at him. Her heart felt sad for the man beside her. "Would you have liked to meet her?"

"Of course, she is my mother. On the other hand, I don't know how she would react as me as her son. I feel that I hurt her, and now she's dead."

The young woman put the bread down and gathered her courage. She hugged him. Milagros felt the coldness of his body. She wanted her warmth to bring him comfort. "Don't say things like that. Like I said before, and I will repeat, it is not your fault." A sigh came out from her lips. "Don't let society dictate how you must feel or be. Don't fall into their ignorance." Milagros touched his face, making him look at her. "You are unique and special. I never met a man like you. Some people were born out of supposed good parents but didn't always become good people. You had a hard upbringing, but you became a great man."

Antonio stared at her eyes, and that was when he realized that he was much in love with her. He turned, got her face, and put his lips onto hers.

Milagros could feel his lips onto hers; she did not push away. She kissed him back.

They kissed each other passionately, and Antonio gently laid her on the blanket as he kissed her.

He could feel her body on his. He then stopped the kiss and began to trail his lips onto her neck. Antonio felt Milagros' breast on his chest, and he gave out a groan of anticipation. He stopped what he was doing and looked at her lovingly. Antonio felt his groin becoming erect; he then began to grind his hips on her, earning a moan from Milagros

"You are perfect, Milagros. I..." He was interrupted when someone spoke to them.

"So this is what you wanted."

Both stopped and immediately sat up.

Conner stood by another vehicle as anger filled him.