Shock

Antonio POV

I looked at Milagros as we arrived at the river. She was in awe. I smiled a bit. I am happy that she liked the view. I looked at the river, filled with beauty but filled with a dark past.

This river was part of me that I had to admit. This is where my mother was raped, where I was conceived. It was the bitter reminder of how I came to be. I remember how my grandparents used to bring me here and tell me where my mother suffered from her rapist. I clenched at my teeth and the bitter memories of my childhood.

I didn't ask to be born! I wish my mother could have aborted me, so I didn't have to go through the torment that I had to endure for so many years.

"Come on, Antonio! I want to walk on the river!" Milagros. She looked at me with a bright look in her eyes. She was like my happiness and love, everything I wanted. She was my hope and joy. She got my hand pulled me towards the river. My heartbeat went at a fast pace. Her touch is so soft, so warm. I liked the feeling, and I never wanted to let go.

She then let go and took off her shoes, and walked to the river waters. Luckily there weren't strong currents. It was calm. I gulped as she lifted parts of her clothing. Parts of her legs were shown. How much I wanted to touch her soft skin, to kiss her beautiful legs, her body, her lips. To feel her touch on me. I so desired her, but it is much more than desire. I blushed at the thought.

"Are you going to come by?"

"I-I don't know, I want you to enjoy yourself, and I don't think that I..."

Milagros put her hands on her hips and did a slight pout. It was adorable.

"I am not going to have fun if you don't participate! What was the point of you taking me here if you are not going to have fun?"

I felt my face turning warm. Milagros cared for me no matter who I was. She extended her hand. I took off my shoes and socks, slowly walked towards her, and took hold of her hand. I walked on the cold waters, but to me, it turned warm. We both walked on the waters, looking down as we saw fishes swimming past us.

We walked on the calm water for a while. We went to a pile of rocks in the center of the river and sat upon them. "It's a beautiful river! Do you come here often?"

"No, but only on special occasions."

"Oh, well, people should come here more often. It is a nice place to camp."

I gave a slight chuckle. "I guess you are right. I wanted to ask you something."

She looked at me and nodded.

"How close are you to that friend of yours?"

"We have been friends for a while, but we are close."

"I see. Do you think you might get closer with him?"

She looked at me, confused. "What do you mean?"

I knew I should not ask these things, but I had to know. I gave out a playful chuckle. "You know. Do you like him?"

She looked away. "N-No! He is just a friend!"

"Do you like someone else?"

She looked at me, stunned. Milagros was about to say something, but she couldn't do it. I did something that I thought I would never do. I got her face and pulled it towards my own. I kissed her with all my might.