Chapter 1

One month ago...

"Remember Lauren, don't go near the boys' side. They are all disgusting creatures." Lauren's guardian reminded her. She nodded her head. Of course she would never go into that area. Today was the day she would have to get pregnant. She was really worried. She heard her roommate had a baby and she had to be taken to hospital. She looked like she was in a lot of pain. Lauren sighed and nodded.

"Of course."she said. Lauren walked about a mile before she reached the hospital. Everything was too clean and white, for her liking. The floor was polished to such an extent it gleamed in the white glow of the lights above her. She was almost at the pregnancy centre. She was going to have to be a mum. How could she have that responsibility? She wasn't even in her twenties. She then wished she was infertile. She knew what they were going to do in order for her to become pregnant because she had seen the demonstration of what the nurses would do since she was twelve. She would be laid down on a bed and the doctors would push a white, thick rod up, between her legs. They explained that there would be muscle tissue that they needed to penetrate in order to allow her to be pregnant. They explained to her that it would be painful. Lauren let out a shaky breath, worried about how much it would hurt. Later on in the video, it told you how a fetus was formed. She kept on thinking to myself how she wasn't ready for this. Lauren sat down in the waiting room after signing myself in. She fiddled with her thumbs to try to ease the tension. Lauren jumped as a large boom was heard from behind her. She almost had a heart attack.

She turned round to see some obnoxious lady her age eating crisps. She was fat, her skin was oily and her mouth full of potato mush.

"Sorry!"she apologized whilst spitting a load of potato chip and saliva on Lauren's face. Lovely, Lauren thought as she wiped it off of her cheek. The fat woman hadn't seemed to notice as she was too busy guzzling her crisps. She was making repulsive chewing noises and was crushing the crisps in her fat, sausage-like fingers. It took all of Lauren's self-control not to snap at the woman.

The anxiety was killing Lauren as she waited. Just as the fat woman was finishing her last bag, a shrill scream was heard. A woman was being carried out of a room by a large group of nurses.

"NOO!"she wailed. "They've taken my baby! They've taken my baby." The distraught woman cried. Lauren felt more and more unwilling to get that pregnancy thing taken. They took her baby away from her.

"Lauren Ryuga." A nurse announced. She couldn't take it anymore. She had to leave. She pushed passed a group of nurses and ran. She ran blindly down a hall. Her main objective was to get away from that place. But she had no idea where she was going.

Lauren entered many rooms and random areas until...she was out! The way Lauren did it was by accidentally going into the staff room and running out through the fire exit door.

Lauren was swarmed by cold air and darkness. What was this place? Instead of there being a normal white floor and ceiling, there was a sort of crumbled rock on the floor and green shoots spurting out of it. This couldn't be a greenhouse, could it? She then looked up and saw darkness only illuminated by shining, white lights and one larger one that appeared to be broken and have many craters in it.

A cool wind penetrated her thin clothing but she couldn't see an air conditioning unit anywhere. It didn't seem to be a room at all, which confused her. But you couldn't blame Lauren.

She had never been outside before.

She looked forward. There was another building a few metres ahead. Summoning all of her courage, she rammed the window, smashing it.

She fell on something soft and the something made an eek noise. She opened her eyes. She was laid on top of a female with very short, blonde hair. She fell off of her and onto the floor. The woman turned around and Lauren couldn't help but look at her face.