Chapter 29

After he had finished telling Lauren about his traumatic experience, she looked at him and thought of how to react. She should be angry or empathic but she just felt empty. He began to whimper like a puppy would after not getting enough attention. She pecked him on his cheek before stroking his hair.

"I just want this all to stop! Please help me, Lauren please!"he wept.

"Noah, listen, just forget about her, okay? You can't change the past. Everything will be alright."she soothed.

"But you don't understand, she's taken some things from me that I can never get back, I'm ruined due to her wrath." Noah was getting hysterical now.

"Don't be silly Noah. You are still the beautiful, perfect man I fell in love with." Lauren stated the obvious there.

"Lauren, you're so kind. I love you so much!"

"I love you too!"they began to passionately kiss. Someone next to them coughed to get their attention. They stopped kissing and looked up.

It was a little girl, about five or six years old with red/ginger, curly hair. She had brilliant blue eyes, large and upturned. Freckles scattered her face, mainly on her pointed nose. Her lips were the colour of peaches and it was turned in a frown. She was wearing a light blue frock and was holding a battered teddy bear.

"Hi!"she chirped, smiling falsely.

"Err...hi?" Noah replied.

"I wish I had a boyfriend. We could have babies together and get married and-"

"I don't think that is how babies are made."

"Sure it is, my big sister told me exactly how it works."

"Did she now."

"Mhm, the boy puts his rod in the girl's vagi-"

"Okay, okay you don't need to go into detail." Lauren said, blushing. This all seemed so new but relatively primal to her. She felt disgusted at slightly shocked that a five-year-old girl would know such things. Not even she knew!

"I'm Lev, by the way." Lev said.

"Nice to meet you Lev, I'm Lauren and this is Noah." Lauren introduced.

"You too have such pretty names, I wish that I have a name such as yours."she looked down at her feet. There was a small viper wrapping itself around her leg.

"What is that?" Noah asked, worried at the unknown.

"Oh, there are snakies everywhere. They wish that they could come inside our house but my sister forbids it."she picked up the snake and let it slowly slither around her minuscule arm."Oh, how I would love to be a snake. No worries, just your next meal. Slithering around the grass all day."

"How old are you Lev?" Lauren wondered, out-loud.

"Fifteen...and a half." No. Way.

"Oh, I thought that you were younger."

"I wish I was."she smiled. After a second, they were smiling too.

"Well, nice meeting you." Lauren grinned. They began walking away, mainly because she felt awkward around this girl and slightly embarrassed that she underestimated her age.

"Wait!"she yelled. They turned round in unison. "Do you seek hospitality?" Lauren felt Noah visibly tense beside her.

"We're fine thanks."she ended abruptly.

"Um...okay..." Lev laughed, sounding surprised.

Lauren and Noah then began to walk away.

_____

It had began raining for hours now and Noah and Lauren were drenched. It was a cold rain that made their clothes more like an icy layer of skin than fabric. They were hugging solely for warmth. Their joints were aching, sore feet and throats on fire.

They then wished that they had accepted the girl's hospitality. They were so hungry and cold. They were now in muddy grassland with mud up to their thighs.

"I THINK I CAN SEE A HOUSE!" Lauren yelled through the pouring rain.

_____

:) End of new chapter.

It's short I know.

Here is a heart ❤

(:(

Hoot!

Toot!