Chapter 2

Noah held his cheek. Lauren had hit him pretty hard. It hurt like hell! He wondered what he had done wrong. He was right wasn't he? Her face told him that she was absolutely furious.

How dare he say that? Lauren thought to herself, angrily. She was not around to only give birth. He was such a pig!

"What was that for?" Noah groaned, rubbing his swollen cheek. He hoped that not all women were like this.

"You don't know anything about girls, do you No-wah?" Lauren replied, crossly.

"No not really." He admitted. "But neither do you---about boys I mean."he hoped that she didn't. Otherwise he would be made to look a fool.

"Well first of all, we're not as rude as you. I'm pretty sure you don't have stomach cramps for a week a month either."

"Well, guys aren't as ratty as you. That's for sure. But I do admit that I know nothing about you. You're the first girl I've ever seen."he smiled at her. She didn't smile back.

"I know...I don't know why but I would like us to be friends. No one except my guardian and roommate has talked to me so much. Also, there is a lot for us to discuss. "

"I'd like to be friends too, I guess."he placed his hand over hers.

"Well, I-"

Knock!

Knock!

"Hide!" Noah instructed in a hoarse whisper. Lauren looked around before running into a wardrobe and shutting the door. She could see what was going on though a slither in the wardrobe, between the crack. Noah approached the door and opened it. A man walked in, she estimated that he was in his mid-twenties. He handed Noah a bottle and left. Noah muttered a thanks. He gestured that Lauren could come out of her hiding place. She tumbled out. Without a word, stood up and pointed at the bottle. It looked like it was filled with pills.

"What's that?"she pointed at the bottle in his hand. It was dark brown and seemed rather sinister to her. This was due to the myth that when you were no longer of use to the board they gave you special medicine from a bottle similar to the one that Noah held in his hands. However, the myth was actually true. The lab rats just didn't have any evidence and were scolded if they asked a leader.

"My medication."he replied, whilst rolling his eyes and throwing it in the bin from a few metres away. He muttered a 'yes' as it didn't fall outside of it. The glass smashed making him cringe.

"Why did you just throw it away?"

"I don't need it. It makes me sick anyway." He explained, nonchalantly.

"What is it for, anyway?" Lauren asked, casually.

"You really want to know?" He replied.

"Yes please." She replied.

"Well, I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I guess they don't want my future kids to have it. However, it makes me not act like myself and usually I get really sick after taking it."

"What's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?" Lauren had to ask. Noah combed his fingers through his hair five times and thought of a way to explain it to her.

"It's when...um you want things to be your way, obsessively. What they are afraid of is that the OCD can make someone obsess over a person. I've never really obsessed over a boy before, so..." He trailed off.

"If you have OCD, then what do you 'obsess' about?"

"The number five, cleanliness, the colour: cyan, where things are positioned and my appearance." He counted the things in his fingers, he smiled. "And right now, that smashed window is really annoying me."

"Do you want me to clean it?"

"Mmm..." he replied. "There is a broom under my bed. Don't cut yourself." Lauren picked up a broom and swept up all the glass and placed it in a bin, nearby. "Thanks." He said, quietly. Lauren sat back on his bed.

Noah looked at her making note of their differences. Long eyelashes, blonde tipped and curved, small, straight nose. Hair the colour of Chardonnay. It was very long, reaching her back. She had verdant eyes and an olive complexion.

He didn't know that girls would look like this. He looked for imperfections but for the first time, he couldn't find any. He looked down to see something that she had and he didn't. He seemed perplexed my them. Were they the 'udders' he was told about? He licked his lips in concentration. Lauren crossed her arms.

"Are you finished No-wah?" Lauren asked, crossly. Noah was broken away from his thoughts as embarrassment took over him for staring at her.

"Umm...you might want to go home now. Your guardian might be worried 'cause of you." Noah said, trying to ease the tension in the room. It was so strong he could almost taste it.

"I ran away, so going back... I might get caught."

"Yeah, but as much as I like you, Lauren. You can't sleep with me." Noah said, tapping his knee five times.

"Why not?" Lauren asked.

"What if someone saw us? Girls aren't meant to be here."

"I understand." Lauren said, defeated. Now she would have to explain where she was.

"Please come back soon? I'd really like to know more about girls."he preposed.

"Okay. I'll see if I can find you again, without anyone noticing."she suddenly felt excitement and dread well-up inside of her. She was surprised at how smoothly the words came out of her mouth. She jumped out of the window and was met by the familiar crackle that she later found out was gravel.

_____

Woo-hoo another end to a chapter.

NOTICE ME SENPAI!

Exams are in a few weeks but I have a break so I can update more! The boy on the side is who I see Noah as, his name is Jordan.

Twit-t-woo!

Hoot!

Toot!