Chapter 11

When Lauren's eyes opened, she was being kicked in in the stomach. She began coughing, violently. Everything was going too fast; everything was so fuzzy and blurred. She could vaguely make out the figure of a man. As her eyes focused, she realized that it was an Asian man in his early thirties. She looked at herself and saw that she was untied.

"You lazy girl. I've got food for you and all you do is sleep, sleep, sleep! Unbelievable! Are you going to eat the food or not?" The Asian Man asked.

"What? Oh thank you. And yes I will eat the food. I'm beginning to think that all the people I will meet from now on will dislike me. A bit like you."

"Ai! All you stupid Americans with your lak, lak. Why am I even working here. You are all ungrateful imbeciles." He growled and then left. She was beginning to think that Noah was a mere exception to the whole 'men are bad' rule. She picked up the covered plate he had thrown at the wall.

What he had served was close to gruel. It was a foul-smelling, brown sludge. She distastefully picked at it. It tasted like copper,was slimy and was repulsive, overall. At one point, she threw up in her mouth. This was inhuman treatment. What she didn't know, was that she was eating undercooked pigs' kidneys and the brown was the blood it was cooked in, lovely.

After she had picked at it for a little. She looked around the room. It was quite a dirty, enclosed space. Plywood was attached to the windows and poorly put their with bent rusty nails. The room was mostly grey with only a large table and two chairs for furniture. As she looked at the place she accepted her fate and finally felt ready to die.

_____

Noah kicked the man who was giving him food. It was a dark-skinned man in his early twenties. He, in return, gave Noah a hard punch to the jaw.

"Are you crazy? I'm only trying to help." The man sulked.

"You are all out to get me. What's the point of acting nice if I'm going to die tomorrow. You tell me that?" Noah seethed, through clenched teeth.

"Look mate, I'm just trying to make your last moments more comfortable; the least you can do is be grateful."

"I-I'm sorry. The person I love was taken from me...I never got a chance to say goodbye." Noah pulled the victim card on the man so he could try to let him see Lauren just one last time. He wanted to comfort her and tell her that everything was alright.

"Well, there's nothing I can do, I apologise." The dark-skinned man said before getting up to leave. "See you at tea time then."

When the man had left, Noah slammed his fists on the table. He desperately needed to see Lauren. He rested his head on the table, not caring if he was going to get dirty. He wanted to be free but that was never going to happen. He didn't want to be in the facility anymore. He wondered what it would be like in the outside world.

Well, any place would be fine for Noah, as long as Lauren was in it. Oh, Lauren. Just the thought of her made him want to live. Her light blonde hair, fine hourglass figure and smile that could smelt diamonds. Too bad he was never going to see her again. Or was he.

A plan began to form in his head. A plan that was crazy enough that it might just work.

______

"Good news, we have captured those imbeciles and tomorrow we will put them to their deaths." The Manager announced, happily. He looked round the table and just saw his emotionally drained comrades. "Well?" Silence.

"Sir, don't you think that this is a bit extreme?" One of the men asked.

"Don't question my motives man, or you might end up with them." Desmond replied, cackling. Nervousness spread around the table like a super virus. Silence emitted from the table, once again.

The manager, whose name was Desmond, rolled his eyes. He straightened his tie and tapped his fingers on the table, impatiently. He didn't quite like the silence. It was a little exasperating to be the only one talking. What he had done was right. He couldn't have amorous couples running round the facility, doing what they do. The President could've fired him. These were rough times.

"If you aren't going to talk, the assembly is dismissed." He said, gesturing with his hands.

______

One Day Later

_____

Lauren was broken away from her thoughts when a knock was heard at the door. The door opened and two men took her out. She didn't struggle and the only thought she was thinking was if it would hurt when she died and how inevitable the whole situation.

As she was put on the electric chair and was getting strapped in, she couldn't help a tear from rolling down her cheek. She had been lied to her entire life. This wouldn't have happened of she wasn't such a coward and would've taken the procedures needed to get her pregnant. Lauren and Noah were going to die and it was all her fault. She began flash backing her life.

And then, everything stopped.

_____

Oh no! What's going to happen? Well, I know cause I'm the author, lol.

Ugh! This feels like a filler chapter to me.

Hoot!

Toot!